+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2012 Post Here When Your Gift Arrives

Received mine from Ohiotuber today. WOW! The fudge is great, and as it said open now I did so befor I left the Post office and shared some with my postal clerk, so she thanks you also. I have been eying a monomaster for some time now as I pick up line laying around where I fish. Good thing that I didn't buy one. Thanks! Cheffy check out the thread "name that fly", and glad the box went to a good home.
    There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    R.Y.

Glad you are enjoying the fudge & didn't yet have a Monomaster.
    I think EVERY fisherman, whether fly fisherman or no, should use a monomaster. IMHO, they are as essential as nippers & a hook hone. I am never without mine when fishing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I received a very mysterious looking package to from Royce. Very creative packaging!!! I'm not sure if I can wait until Christmas to open it or not. Either way, I will phot photos when I do.

Thanks again Brad for running the secret Santa gift exchange and I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas.

Jim Smith

[by the way Jack the net release came off my lathe. Stabilized redwood burl.

QUOTE=Jack Hise;469113]Mine arrived from Cheffy today. And, being of low moral character and lacking any will power I ripped it open at once!! We will have a new casting game at Gate's this June called "Lawn Trout" (it's catch and release!). Also a magnetic net release, a Zinger that looks just right for my camera and a couple of nice looking fly's. WOW!! Thank Cheffy, hope to wet a line with you this June! [/QUOTE]
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

OK, I waited until today like my package said to do. Got some "bird fuzz" form Denny. Thank you! We are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow here tomorrow, so I am sure they will be needed then!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Merry Christmas to everyone. I got a beautiful personalized flybox from Jack Hise, along with three furled leaders. THe flybox is wonderful Jack and i will fill it with my favorite flies and hopefully hit some trout water soon and try out the furled leaders. Very gracious ....... thank you.

Greg

Kaboom, thanks for hosting a very fun swap that only added to this mornings festivities.

Blog Entries

Byron sent me a nice catch & release net, fly box and a selection of tying materials.

Thanks Byron. I suspect you are having a white Christmas down there in Wyoming, enjoy the season.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I opened my package from Paddy 80701 today as per his instructions. He sent me a Fisherman's Survival Bracelet handmade from approximately 16 feet of 550 paracord. If you remove the female end of the bracelet it contains 3 flies and 30 feet of limp mono and the other end of the bracelet contains a built-in signal whistle! He also included 2 antique snelled Pott Hand Woven hair flies which are beautiful! Thank you so very much, Pat!!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I finally got to open my Christmas gift from Royce. I got an absolutley beautiful fishing calendar with georgous pictures of all the different trout from Western US. This is perfect for my office where I use a calendar everyday of the year. Royce also sent along a great looking bottle opener that he made on his lathe. From one wood turner to another, thank you it is very much apprecaited. Thank you Royce for the perfect Secret Santa gifts.

Jim Smith

The day finally came to open my secret Santa gift; James Smith made a beautiful personalized pen with a PCB board integrated within the pen. Thank you James, I will put this to good use.

This is how James made the pen.
    An circuit board is sanded down very thin so it can be wrapped around thr brass tube, guled in place and cast in Polyacrylic Resin. Then turned down to the right size on a lathe and polished to a nice shiny finish.....pretty cool!!

DSCN0588_zpsbf848075.jpg
    Last edited by popperfly; 12-26-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

+ Reply to Thread