+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red eyes helped

Beliveve it or not, when deer hunters go hunting in TN, they even wear orange!!! : )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

It's such a versatile color you can go from the penal work project on the side of the road, to the woods and on to the game and be properly dressed.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Yes, even properly dressed game in Tennessee wears orange and white...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Beliveve it or not, when deer hunters go hunting in TN, they even wear orange!!! : )
    This time of the year trout fisherman who fish the small mountains stream may wear orange to distinguish them from other creatures that roam the woods that people shoot at for sport and food. I guess most of the streams in North GA are closed for the winter now however, is their still trout fishing in state controlled lands in NC and TN?

Joking aside I also like to have some red on my flies generally tying them with red thread definitely for the head. Besides being Tennessee or UTexas supporters is Orange a good color.

I honestly use orange for the heads on a lot of my flies. I will use tread to match the body and blend in and after doing a whip finish, I pick up my bobbin with orange thread and do another whip finish over the other one. For me, orange is a very important color for my flies.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren,that is interesting, I guess I best test out Orange on my next flies I tie, thank you.

Linecaster,

I, for one, would love to hear how your test came out. I whipfinish an orange head on my buggers, flymphs and soft hackle wets and have a lot of confidence in fishing them. A couple days ago I had a great day of trout fishing using a black flymph with an orange head.

I really would like to hear if you notice a difference using it.
    Warren

Run a search in the FOTW for an "Orange Nymph". I've been catching a lot of sunfish on those.

Of course, for me, those are tied in Orange and Black, which just happens to be Ok State's colors

When I get around to doing a little tying, I think i will try a couple of soft hackles with orange beads. My friend in AZ always tells me to show them something they haven't seen a thousand times when they are not biting.

+ Reply to Thread