+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smallmouth Rendezvous

Blog Entries

Default Smallmouth Rendezvous

The 5th annual SMR was a good one. I got to see some old friends and make a few new ones, see some really nice flies being tied, and of course spend more money than I had planned to. Today Aleta and I got to go fishing with Denny, Richard Komar, and Griff on the Lower Illinois River, our local tailwater trout fishery. We all caught fish, in fact, some of them may still be down there catching fish. Aleta and I had to come home early to get ready to go to a previous dinner engagement. I will have some pictures of the event in a few days.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Glad you guys had a good time on the LI Steve! We on the other hand had a very different story on Beaver Tailwater. The water has gin clear and the fish were EXTREMELY spooky. I did manage to hook up a couple of times but that was all. Both Mike and Paul had strikes and we had fun. The highlight of the trip was sight fishing to a double digit lb striper and playing around with a y2k bug. The river is in really good shape other than spin fishers taking over the old catch and release area.

lets go fishin
    Antron midge

------------------
    ....fly tying is the next best thing to fishing; it is the sort of licking of the lips that eases a thirsty man in the desert

Arthur Ransome

I had a very enjoyable trip to the Rendezvous. It's always nice to see old friends and make new ones. The fishing was just that... fishing... got to see a new place that I hadn't fished before and am looking forward to doing so again.

My may not have the resources to do a show like SMRFE but there's the possibility of a future fish-in in the Texas Hill Country.

I look forward to going again next year.

Michael

+ Reply to Thread