+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double edged razor blades for trimming bass bugs...

Default double edged razor blades for trimming bass bugs...

i have been having no luck at all finding double edge razors, every hardware store had "safety blades," which have a stiff steel edge on one side, Walmart and other like stores just dont carry them. (at least in my area)

my wife and i got tattoos today and my tattoo artist had a star made out of double edged... beauty salons..... let me say it again... beauty salon... who would of thought?

so if anyone else is having trouble finding blades, hit up the beauty salon, they took our hackle, now lets take their blades!!! lol

sincerely,
    spoof
    if every cast caught a fish, it would be called "catching" not "fishing"

A trick someone expressed, not sure who, where or when I read this, was to break the double edge razor in half lengthwise and tape (masking or duct) the broken edge also lengthwise. This gives you somethin to grip onto and is a lot safer for your fingers. Let me tell you there's nothing tasty looking about a muddler minnow with a blood stained nose. Especially when the blood is yours.

Allan

PS: Hey, I just noticed, this is my 500th post.

Try Dollar General stores if you have them.

knucks

I've been buying mine at the drug stores like Rite Aid. They have plenty but are usually in a locked cabinet.

Beaver

Blog Entries

If you do a lot of trimming big bass bugs, there is a battery operated device which lots of folks use that creates a white hot small element which allows one to "burn" the hair off. I think it is similar to ones used in medicine to catharize (sp?) a bleeding vein or capilary (sp?).

Like Knucks said ... Dollar General and Family Dollar stores have them.
    "Give advice when asked. Give praise when appropriate. Give discipline when needed. Give respect always."

I got them on EBay a few years ago; think I payed $10.00 for 100. They work just fine for deer hair.

Regards,
    Scott

Blog Entries

I get mine at the grocery in the shaving department with all the other razor blades. I use them to trim the tag ends on guide wraps. You can use the injector type razor blades as well. Blades made for shaving are much sharper than utility type blades.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

AlanB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    If you do a lot of trimming big bass bugs, there is a battery operated device which lots of folks use that creates a white hot small element which allows one to "burn" the hair off. I think it is similar to ones used in medicine to catharize (sp?) a bleeding vein or capilary (sp?).
    The thing you are looking for is Caurtry (sp) tool. The one I used was an eye surgeon's. Try to find one that uses a single battery (AA) cell. The one with 2 batteries gets too hot.

Cheers,
    A.

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

I shave with a single edge safety razor. I normally buy my shaving blades on line. I prefer Feather or Astra blades. I picked up some Wilkerson Sword blades at Wally World. They suck for shaving but work great for trimming deer hair or other types of hair. I carefully snap them in half for trimming hair. I think they are a couple of bucks for a pack of ten.

+ Reply to Thread