+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you noticed while driving.

Default Have you noticed while driving.

As me and the wife and daughter were driving to work I looked at a few spots that normally start for the leaves to change and sure enough you could see the tops already starting to turn shades of orange and red.Don't know if its because of all the rain in NC we have had or what?

Thomas,

Be careful or you'll get pulled over for 'distracted driving'.

This year has been a year of severe drought for large portions of the United States. The only other period in recent times that come close to the this current drought was back in the 1930's "Dust Bowl"!

Yes there is a Global Climate Change going on in the world, sea levels are rising, lakes and river levels falling.

White Bear Lake in Minnesota is in the 5th year of lower lake water levels, the water as dropped 5 feet. My trees leaves are started dropping in August instead of late September or October.

The song by Bob Dylan, says it all in " The Times They Are Changing...."

~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

We aren't going to see much color around here, except for brown. A lot of trees are really stressed out, and are already dropping leaves.

Well I can say if you need rain you can gladly take some we have had.I can bet that since may til now that at least 3/4 of those days where I live it has rained.I have had to mow every 5 days or it gets too high to mow.And I am a very picky person especially when it comes to cars being kept clean and all this rain is ticking me off.I believe next time I buy a new car I will also buy a junker for 2-3k just to drive in rainy weather!Hell the way this year has been the new one will only have 1,000 miles on it!NC has become the tropical rain forest I do believe!

Thomas, we will take some of your extra rain here in Mo. Farmers are chopping some fo their crops for silage, the ones harvested are way down, less than 50% of last year. My favorite fishing holes are drying up, fish are deep and it just ain't fun this year. Scared to think of what the winter may be like. Y'all take care, John.

The heat has finally broken. It was 10* above average, now it's about 10* below average. I guess that's how they get "average". It is raining today, quite a lot thank God. Our barrels are full again. Maybe we can avoid city water for the rest of the growing seasn.
    Sometimes the other ones go away, but I'm always right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McGarthwaite View Post
    This year has been a year of severe drought for large portions of the United States. The only other period in recent times that come close to the this current drought was back in the 1930's "Dust Bowl"!

Yes there is a Global Climate Change going on in the world, sea levels are rising, lakes and river levels falling.

White Bear Lake in Minnesota is in the 5th year of lower lake water levels, the water as dropped 5 feet. My trees leaves are started dropping in August instead of late September or October.

The song by Bob Dylan, says it all in " The Times They Are Changing...."

~Parnelli
    When I look at White Bear lake, I wonder how much of that loss is due to all the development around it. Regraded yards, highways that block water flow towards the lake surrounding it... I realize, the drought probably has an effect, but those lake front homes, and highways surrounding it also change up how the lake gets its water supply.
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

+ Reply to Thread