+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Alone.

Default Fishing Alone.

Which do you prefer?
    Fishing alone or with a good friend?
    I personally prefer to fish with good friends.I just doesn't seem to be the same when you best bud isn't along.

I will go alone but I would rather fish with my dad who is 72 or 1 of my 3 sons.

I used to fish alone ...

Now I fish always with the family (and friends):

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:ed60b]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:ed60b]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:ed60b]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:ed60b]
    Christopher Chin

Not including my local waters where I usually fish with kids,grandkids etc.,
    I prefer to fish the remotest areas in bear and wolf country and walk miles to reach the best/remotest spots. It would be at best,unwise to do this alone. But, it's usually with ONE other or rarely two friends.
    I wouldn't mind more company but the long hikes over deadfalls etc.tend to thin out the interested parties.
    The great part of my trips is that through the years we've developed a kind of informal fish-in with at times 15 or more participants from all over the US. Each of us fishes where and as much as he/she wants but at days end we all get together at MY ( by previous vote)choice of restaurants to share friendship and "stuff".

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Always better with the friendly banter of company!...That said, I miss fishing with my bro in-law...he was a diehard!! we fished almost every day rain or shine, sleet or snow....even in thunder storm's! It was a blast....Have no idea where he is these days.

I do know he sold ALL of his fishing equip after remarrying.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I wish to have someone to share the waters... unfortunately since I moved to IA, I couldn't find a fishing budy.
    The other size of the coin is that the creeks that I normaly fish are prety small ones and will be hard to share it without fishing your's body waters

Malevo

------------------
    "It is not our differences that divide us; it is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences" Audre Lorde

[This message has been edited by malevo (edited 30 April 2006).]
    "And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world" Satchmo

For many years, my fishing partner Murray and I took every opportunity to fish together. As time went on, work schedules mainly prevented us from getting together regularly as in days gone by and I found myself mainly fishing alone. Times when we can connect our schedules now, seem to be very special outings and are always looked forward to. I continue to fish regularly, but now with my silent partner Mike, my Springer Spaniel. It is wonderful to watch him get so excited when I land a fish. He converses in his own way that makes each trip a memory and I feel that I am no longer fishing alone.

------------------
    David Parker
    Guild Certified Professional Rod Builder

I fish most of the time with my family. However, it depends if they're free. Sometimes I'm ready to fish, and DH is in a middle of a project or the kids have an event or have homework. (Yes, even with fish, homework comes first. Oh, they have to have their room clean before they grab the vest, too.)

I don't mind fishing alone, however. The river is about 5 minutes away with an adequate area (if the rafters aren't out). The really good hole is about a 20 minute walk.

DH usually fishes with us, but he also has a buddy that likes fishing at the Owyhee, so sometimes they disappear for a day...which leaves me time to fish alone with the boys.

Diane
    (Waiting for the river to lower)

I'm getting to that age where my fishing buddy list is beginning to dwindle! And it's probably best I do fish with someone, however, there are some so called fisherman I've been around before that I simply still would rather go alone.

Dale

I prefer to fish alone. But I do enjoy company sometimes. And I usually find another angler or two to chat with during most outings.

------------------
    My New Year's resolution is to have more fun...even if YOU don't.

+ Reply to Thread