+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video from Au Sale Vacation

Default Video from Au Sale Vacation

Typo in title, should be Au Sable- Just finished putting this together last night from my 2 weeks at the cabin. Hope you guys enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjyrYfoxk0&feature=plcp

Steve
    Last edited by Midwest Custom Fly Rods; 08-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Very nice. The only thing I don't like about it is it makes me want to grab my rod and head to the river and I have to work. Well, maybe tomorrow.

Rocky

NewTyer 1 Guest

Very nice Smallie at around 4 minutes. I heard there were large Smallmouth in the Au Sable. Were you in Michigan?

Yep I live here in Michigan and have a cabin on the Au Sable. Usually try to get up to the cabin about 1-2 per month, but once a year I take 16 days and spend vacation at it.

Steve

What length leader was being used? Looked like it was 25-30 feet long. Just curious.

George

Steve,The smallie 5 minutes in,What blank are you using?Glad you had a nice vacation.Ray

George- The leader I use for streamer fishing is 3ft of straight 10lb Maxima, it probably looks longer because the fly line is a SA Streamer express and the first 21ft or so of that line is black and then the rest is yellow.

Ray- That's a 9'6" 8wt CTS "Affinity Plus" blank which is a pretty fast action blank (it's the same rod I use for salmon) but that smallmouth was 21.25" and 5+ lbs so it put quite a bend in the 8wt.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Custom Fly Rods View Post
    George- The leader I use for streamer fishing is 3ft of straight 10lb Maxima, it probably looks longer because the fly line is a SA Streamer express and the first 21ft or so of that line is black and then the rest is yellow.

Ray- That's a 9'6" 8wt CTS "Affinity Plus" blank which is a pretty fast action blank (it's the same rod I use for salmon) but that smallmouth was 21.25" and 5+ lbs so it put quite a bend in the 8wt.

Steve
    Excellent. That's getting it done!

Very nice video Steve!

Thanks, Steve, for the info. With these old eyes, I wasn't seeing something that was there. Or however it can be said.

George

+ Reply to Thread