+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wader booty size trouble

NewTyer 1 Guest

Default Wader booty size trouble

I have been looking for a pair of waders but everytime I find one in my body weight/size, the booties are like size 11. I can never find a pair of say large/short w/ 7.5-8 neoprene bootie without having to spending a fortune. My question is, Is there a way to cut the bootie and reseal and stitch it so it will fit my small hobbit feet?

Why don't you consider buying a pair of neoprene socks and them wear them under your waders. Thats what I did when I imherited a pair of boots that were way too big for me.

Tim

Panman's suggestion is a good one.

In answer to your question, no I would not cut the neoprene booties.

Spending a bit more for good waders in my opinion is a good investment. But if you are limited in what you can spend then give Panman's suggestion a go. Neoprene booties are not that expnesive.

Good luck!
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Default clown feet

I bought a pair of orvis waders without trying them on (shame on me, but I assumed the booties in a new model were really the same size as in their previous model) when i was headed on a big trip and my waders sprung a leak right before that. the wad of excess neoprene under my toes was very uncomfortable.

a couple of thoughts:

might womens' waders have smaller booties (I haven't checked)

you can get special order booties from some of the wader manufacturers for an extra $50 charge. I am pretty sure simms does this

i do a far amount of cold weather wading so I did as is already suggested. I bought a pair of neoprene socks, and I wear them in conjunction with a pair of heavy wool socks, and they fill my korkers with no extra neoprene lump. it does mean you need to get boots that are large enough to accomodate the extra neoprene layer. if you are going this route, try the combination on to make sure you have a good fit.

NewTyer 1 Guest

My wading boots are not the problem. It is the neoprene booty attached to the waders. If I buy a pair of waders that fit me body wise, the attached booty is always to big. What if I cut the booty that is too big off my waders, go buy the wading neoprene sock in my size and put them over my waders, then use the gravel guards that are on the waders to go over that? I just can't afford to buy a pairr of waders. I already have two pair that don't fit.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I can get a set of womans waders with the right size bootys but, the body size is to small.

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    My wading boots are not the problem. It is the neoprene booty attached to the waders. If I buy a pair of waders that fit me body wise, the attached booty is always to big. What if I cut the booty that is too big off my waders, go buy the wading neoprene sock in my size and put them over my waders, then use the gravel guards that are on the waders to go over that? I just can't afford to buy a pairr of waders. I already have two pair that don't fit.
    It will leak.

What others have suggested is to fill up the oversized wader bootie (with neoprene socks) and to use larger sized wading boots.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Gotcha, I did not understand. Thanks

If the problem is your waist size to foot size ratio hip boots might be a partial solution.

Some manufacturers offer waders in a "stout" size for those of us who are short and round.

+ Reply to Thread