+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waders

Default Waders

I am in the market for a new pair of hippers and was wanting some feedback on the Dan Bailey brand. I used rubber for many years and seven or eight years ago I switched to neoprene. Now I want to try breathables. I live where it is quite warm most of the year and thought the breathables would be more comfortable. At less than $80 the Bailey lightweights seem like a good value. Has anyone used them and were you pleased? Thanks in advance.

SH

------------------
    [url=http://p214.ezboard.com/bthesnipehuntersforum:4271c]Got Snipe?[/url:4271c]

I have not used the hippers, but I did have a pair of Dan Bailey waders a while back.

No problems with them. Good quality, etc. Plus, they were "pretty". I liked the color.

------------------
    Ken

I fish, therefore, I am... I am confused!!

I like the color also but if people had problems with them holding up the color wouldn't have been enough to make me pleased. I asked this question on two separate forums and yours was the only reply. They must not be all that popular. At least they got your seal of approval. I appreciate the reply.

SH

------------------
    [url=http://p214.ezboard.com/bthesnipehuntersforum:8d168]Got Snipe?[/url:8d168]

Sipe i have the Dan Baily hippers in stocking foot and like them a lot Chuck

I have 2 pair of Dan Bailey chest waders and they have both been very good and never had any problems with them. The reason for 2 pair is that the first pair of stocking foot waders did not have built in gravel guards and I got tired of losing the velcro gravel guards. Found a good deal on the second pair of stocking foot waders with built in gravel guards. I also have a pair of Dan Bailey stocking foot hip waders and have never had any problems with them. Overall, my opinion on Dan Bailey waders is that they make a good product and I am satisfied with them.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks guys. I was beginning to think Ken was the only one that owned any. I am going to get that pair and I'm sure I will be pleased with them.

SH

------------------
    [url=http://home.comcast.net/~shutch1405/thesnipehunter.html:e0490]Got Snipe?[/url:e0490]

I have both the Dan Bailey hippers and waders. Bought the waders after the hippers treated me so well for only $80. I treat the hippers VERY rough, in thick brush, sharp rocks, etc, and have 2 years on them now without a leak. Excellent, especially for me with little liquid cash.
    DANBOB

Danbob, that's the kind of statement I was hoping to hear. Mine will be used for hunting and I will put a couple of miles on them each day tromping through mud and brush in addition to knee deep water.

SH

------------------
    [url=http://home.comcast.net/~shutch1405/thesnipehunter.html:9dafc]Got Snipe?[/url:9dafc]

[This message has been edited by Snipe Hunter (edited 04 May 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread