+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The best catch of my life.

Default The best catch of my life.

I just wanted to share this with all of you.

As all of those who read my blog may have guessed, I am very passionate about the catch. There's something about the four-part cast and the feel of a fish on the end of the line. All fishermen and women understand the rush that follows a bobber blipping below the surface. What causes it? I don't know. I am passionate, however, about the catch.

Twelve years ago this august, I began my sophomore year in High School. I was a wild teenager, with parent problems and crazy friends. I played sports, and got injured on a semi-frequent basis. On one occasion, I had to get therapy for an ankle during football. On that occasion, there was an incredibly attractive young woman with auburn hair and beautiful eyes. What can I say? I'm passionate about the catch. So, I rigged up some bait and made a cast.

My newly opened Sprite sat open on the training bench.

"You come here often?" I asked.

Auburn hair and pretty eyes might have rolled them. I don't remember. I gave the bait a desperate twitch.

"... want some Sprite?" I extended the bottle towards her. It was 7:00 AM.

"I don't drink pop in the mornings," she responded, and left.

... Dave, you know when you cast to that goldfish and you get cold-shouldered? You trout mongers, you know when you're staring down a 20" Brown and they ignore your presentation time, after time, after time?

Oh, it was on like Donkey Kong. I bobbed. I weaved. I side casted, roll casted, used harpoons. I actually saw some activity on the line!

Then I moved.

But just as the water levels in the river of life rise and drop and create change in the landscape of its bed, I found myself in a situation to try to pursue her again. This time, though, I got a bite.

On May 12th, 2007, we effectively landed each other and mounted the trophy on our wall... minus the taxidermy.

Did I mention I'm passionate about the catch?

Oh, and we got her a license and she outfished me the other day on a fly I call the "minky winky". (Small gurgler pattern with a mink tail, brown chenille. Sunfish killer.)

Love ya, honey.
    All men are equal before fish.

-Herbert Hoover

Spare Time for Fish

Blog Entries

I caught one of those, too. 27 years ago and it is still the best catch I ever made.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Must be the auburn hair and blue eyes. Caught one 42 years ago and she still keeps me around.

I got one of those too. I caught her eye and she caught my heart, 30 years ago last month. Great story adglife.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Ditto. 27 years ago yesterday. Auburn hair has turned to siiver but the fire is still in those beautiful eyes. Best catch I ever made.Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

24 years for me. my fishing buds still laugh at my method of proposal. back then the you could get a license for you "spouse" for an extra $2.00. being the poor working stiff that I was I went that route for the one day "fishing date". long story short. later that night I said" your name looks pretty good on that license. Why don't we make it permanent?"
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

001.jpg

To all of you enjoy life while you can. You never know what the future will bring. It has been just a little over a year that my wife was called to heaven.

Tim

After 42 years, I still haven't figured out who caught who, But I certainly dont believe in catch and release, she's definitely a keeper.

+ Reply to Thread