+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems using the site

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Problems using the site

Ever since the site has been re-worked, I have had problems using it.

1. It keeps logging me off. I will be signed in, and then make a post, and when I hit the 'Post" button, it tells me I am not signed in (even though I had just made other posts...), and It goes to the sign-in page, and I lose my post. This is aggravating, especially if I have spent much time writing the post.

2. I used to be able to post my fly pictures directly from Photobucket, but now it says it is an invalid URL. I have to download the pics to my computer, then post them from there. The whole point of using Photobucket is to have safe storage in case of a catastrophic computer disaster, and not to eat up valuable hard drive space. Why can't I post from Photobucket any more?

What am I doing wrong?

Gigmaster, I'm about mid-tier when it comes to solving computer problems, so take this with the appropriate amount of salt. The ones you describe sound like thy are unique to your computer and may well be due to some of your settings.

If you are using some version of Windows as your operating system, Google up how to do a reset for that OS version. Pick a date before you had that problem and reset your OS to then. See if it works. Then do a Windows update to get your computer up to current..

I certainly won't guarantee that this will work for you, but it is worth a try. ( I also won;t be offended if anybody here offers better advice.)

NewTyer 1 Guest

I can help you with atleast the picture issue. Instead of clicking on the add photo and paste a URL or image code. Open another window and go to Photobucket and copy the image code by left clicking on the image code, then open the other window for this site and you should be on your post which you haven't posted yet. Right click in the post window and paste the image code. I always preview before I post and your image should be there. I hope this helps.

Scott

You are not alone on getting kicked out before you complete a post. That happens to me with some frequency, and when you are doing a quick reply, like this one, it seems to be more of a problem. If I get kicked out before posting a quick reply, I'll cut / copy the quick reply, log back in, start another quick reply, paste in what I had already done, and post it. That takes a couple minutes longer, but it is worth the time.

It's easier to deal with if you go advanced. In that case, you have the option of logging back in while saving your post or resetting the fields, which means you will lose your post. That's one reason I always go advanced for longer replies.

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

I had the problem with getting kicked off, then someone pointed out that if I clicked the remember me (or something like that) under the sign in spaces it would keep me logged in until I logged out. This allows me all the time I need to post.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread