+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Provo/Weber early July

Default Provo/Weber early July

I'm attending a Reel Recovery retreat at Falcon Ledge near Altamont, UT as part of the staff on the 5th, 6th, and 7th of July. I'm planning on leaving home on the 2nd and driving to Park City for a couple of days fishing the Provo and/or the Weber. Because I haven't fished these waters before I've booked an "exploration trip" with a local fly shop on the 3rd and will then fish the 4th and early AM on the 5th before picking up two more staff members in Salt Lake at the airport and driving up to the lodge.

For those of you who fish these waters, what can I expect for flow rates and hatches this time of the year? Also, if anyone is available to hook up on the 4th I'd enjoy fishing with you and learning all your "secret spots."
    Dan S
    "I still don't know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel." Roderick Haig-Brown, A River Never Sleeps

Just my 2 cents, but for that time of year, those are about the last places I'd want to fish. That's just me. Be that as it may, you'll find some PMD's in the morning possibly, caddis and spinner falls (PED's) in the late evening. Middle of the day is good on the Provo to fight the rubber hatch, ergo I don't step foot on the river during the summer until late evening. Flows will be fine usually, even if a bit higher. Fish still eat.

+ Reply to Thread