+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just looking for what it is

Default Just looking for what it is

I tied some flies for a customer the other day and one I came up with is this one pictured, but have no idea what it should be called and would love to have a name for it and I suspect it's been done before so hope someone here can add it's name.

It's tied on a #12 Daiichi I think it was #1167. I used Lateral scale with UV Glue over for the body and some soft hackle Coq De Leon Laced hackle for the collar which I also got into the glue before curing it. It was a different step for that part. Also the tail is Chickabou from the same skin.

Skip

NewTyer 1 Guest

I don't know what to call it, but it sure is pretty. Maybe the skip48 ambassador.

Thanks, It just was something I came up with based on other thing I had seen tied using that glue. I just love this glue, Very cool stuff.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I love it and I know what you mean about the glue. I would love to have some UV Epoxy. Have you settled on a name yet? I still like the "Am-bass-odor. I am sending you a PM.

No have no name yet, but was still hoping someone else would say something about what it may be called since I feel sure I have not invented anything. At least I wouldn't think so. I am hoping Blue gills and Crappie will like it next spring here as we have no trout or anything like some of the guys here have. Living this far South has it's drawbacks even if it is God's Country living sounded by National Forrest and not one, but 2 huge Reservoirs like Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn. I live on the water on T-Bend and Rayburn is about 25 miles from me.

+ Reply to Thread