+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: retirement

Good for you!!

Join the club. I've been retired for 3 years now and I'm loving every minute of it.
    Ignorance is bliss....But stupid is forever.
    Get busy living or get busy dying..... I'm way to busy living!

Fishboy I feel sorry for you . You can never look forward to having a day off again. I retired 31 years ago today.

Tim

Poor Guy-been retired since December, 2009. First thing I did was take some of my pension as a lump sum and jet over to the states from 19 May to 30 June, 2010 to revisit old haunts, friends and family-some I,d never met or hadn,t seen for 49 years. It was a wonderful six weeks and of course I Did get in some fishing, but not nearly enough! Would love to have gone every day if I could. Trying to figure out some way to get back on my limited budget. Enjoy. Now I,ve loads of time to tie flies or do oil paintings when I can,t get someone to take me fishing(I no longer drive and am too long in the tooth or short on patience to go back to it)!

fishboy, welcome to retirement!!! I've been retired for 2 1/2 years. Just remember, retirement is a TOUGH JOB, but someone has to do it!!!Take care and just keep on keeping on, John.

Panman,
    I thought I had the longest retirement so far, only 22 years come Dec.
    Still fishing when ever I want, where ever I want.

Congrats on making it to your retirement. May you enjoy many years. I went out 2 years ago & have no regrets. I 'm working on my bucket list of fishing trips now & so far I did Patagonia for 2 weeks,Montana for 2 weeks, The Bahama's for 2 wks, Colorado for 2 weeks, the San Juan for 1 week, Maine for 1 month,. I still have Alaska, & anywhere else you guys recommend as a bucket list trip.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
    I still have Alaska, & anywhere else you guys recommend as a bucket list trip.
    Harker's Island in the fall for the false albacore run.

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    Only 16 yrs. 6 months, 13 days 29 minutes and 45 seconds to go before my retirement
    But who's counting, right?

Blog Entries

All those folks that say to you "don't retire you will hate it" are those folks who are WRONG! Probably because they are no where near retirement themselves. I LOVE IT.
    Except now I don't have as much free time as I used to have when I was working. Thats because when something from the HONEY DO List comes up I cannot tell my wife Sorry I don't have time . Plus We have a foster Daughter who, now don't laugh, this is a true story, at 16 ran away and joined the Circus . She really did. Suddenly this lost child of ours returned home now at 36 with a 5 year old child in tow. So now my wife and I have this energetic dynamo of a 5 year old boy running us ragged. The upside is I got to take him fishing for his 6th birthday. Who's retired? I am a full time Grampa now.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Where I work they have a deal where when your age and years of service hit the "magic number" you can retire and still retain insurance. I hit that number today!. not that I'm going to go out but it's good to know that I can if I want to. and a good veiled threat. tough day? I could just tell the boss " you know i could retire tomorrow"
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

+ Reply to Thread