+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A.K. Best Vise?

AlanB Guest

From the listing.
    Sorry for the price! eBay won't
    let me unlist this item. I am going to relist another vise when the time runs
    out...I am very sorry to everyone but they do not allow me to unlist this vise.
    Seems that there was some kind of mistake.

There is another vice up for sale. It comes as part of a kit with a rod, fly tying kit and a couple of sets of framed flies.

These I'm certain will eclipse any price for one of AK's tool sets. They belonged to Theodore Gordon. The auction is in October or November, sorry I've no info on a reserve price. I'll be watching to see what they go for.

Cheers,
    A.

It's actually not even an AK vise, it's a McKenzie vise. They are basically the same but the vise had no AK branding and the serations inside the jaws are different. Their had been an AK or Mckenzie on eBay once a month since December and the most one went for was $480 and it was a brand new never used AK vise in the original box with all the paperwork. There is a guy on eBay selling brand new original Ak regular stackers for $10.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mvalbano View Post
    It's actually not even an AK vise, it's a McKenzie vise. They are basically the same but the vise had no AK branding and the serations inside the jaws are different. Their had been an AK or Mckenzie on eBay once a month since December and the most one went for was $480 and it was a brand new never used AK vise in the original box with all the paperwork. There is a guy on eBay selling brand new original Ak regular stackers for $10.
    Exactly where are the AK stackers for $10?????
    Did a couple searches and did not fin...........

Type in AK stacker and you will see a guy selling the regular size stacker only for $9.99

Good grief. It's not like it's A.K.'s personal equipment; it just has his name on it.

I was at the Show in College Park, MD years ago and he was tying a Quill Body PMD. He had pulled some spade hackle fibers off for the tail and was trying to even up the tips but couldn't find a small stacker; rummaged around and found a spent .22 case and used that. He could get someone to stamp his name on a bunch of them and make a small fortune today.

Regards,
    Scott

Wow, that's a lot for a vise that had quality problems with jaw breakage... I suppose if you just want to look at it on a shelf for $1500 bucks, then go for it,,,, But hey it's a tool, your not going to sell it 5 years down the road and put a kid through college! ...
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Thanks,
    Just bought the stacker!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    $850 for a vise that had a history of problems with jaws cracking? I think not.

Regards,
    Scott
    supply and demand -----maybe.

[QUOTE=deepcreek;451572]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    $850 for a vise that had a history of problems with jaws cracking? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by deepcreek View Post
    supply and demand -----maybe.
    Greater Fool theory more likely.

Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread