+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liz is doing well

Default Liz is doing well

Monday the 16th, Liz had her New Pace Maker surgery. Everything went well, no problems.
    Her only complaint was "I'm hungry" not that the Hosp food wasn't good,but being starved for the surgery
    was. We chuckled over that. Was released Tue. about noon & Fuzzy whisked her off to home. Her chest
    is sore but the thing works. Liz has never been one to just sit around so is already thinking about getting back to work. She turned 54 in Feb. this year.

Denny
    Denny

Denny,

Great report and thanks for keeping us informed. Tell her to start off slowly and to take extra care of herself.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

If you posted about this earlier, I apologize for missing it. I'm grateful however, for the good news. My thoughts and prayers for you and Liz.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Like Lotech if I missed the initial post on Liz my apology. Glad to hear Liz surgery went well and that she is back at home resting, if you can call it that. lol

Denny, I was told never to tell a woman's age for fear of reprisal. You are a brave man.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

I'm glad her hospital practices "catch and release". I'm even more glad to hear that she is doing well. I hope that she gets past the soreness and fully heals, quickly.
    Warm regards to all of you,
    Ed

Hope her recovery is quick; good to hear she wants to get back at it already.

Regards
    Scott

Thanks to all who have responded. This is the first and only post I have made. Liz has made a lot of friends in the FF World. She has been a guest speaker, teaching what she knows about hackle, in words we common people can understand.
    If you have not read her presentation, I invite you to check it out. Even though you may know a lot about hackle, it really is worth reading. http://www.conranch.com/hackle_article.html
    Numbers are really not something we here at Conranch get to wound up in. If you might be fishing with Liz and asked her how many fish she had brought to hand, the answer is always the same. " I do not know, must be around six, because I am having fun. She is a very good fly fisher and an excellent tier. Ask her what fly she is using? always the same answer, Caddis, so I suspect she is not always being truthful. I find her a lot of fun to be on the water with, very vocal, everyone knows when she has one on.
    Anyhow, I expect the only problem will be with Fuzzy & I trying to keep her slowed down. She mentioned last night that she did not feel too badly for not working yesterday because it was raining. (She owns a landscape business).

Thanks again

Denny
    Denny

My love and hugs to Liz as well - I"m keeping her in my prayers as well.
    LF

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Thanks for the news Denny. Hope Liz has a speedy recovery.

Hey Denny,
    I too missed ,if any, initial posts regarding Liz's impending surgery . That being said, I wish her a speedy recovery.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread