+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Secret places"

Default "Secret places"

I have to confess...I have my secret spots. Those places never been in my conversations with other flyfishers...well...just one or two know about them. Are like from Heaven, a gift. Long hiking trips are necessary to reach them, nothing easy but is the most exciting adventure. Those gin clear waters, wild dense woods and fantastic trout fishing are just for me and those special friends when I decide to go. The reason is not egoistical. I don't want that many people finally discover those gems, the last ones that our civilization did not destroy yet. That happens all the time...I know you understand me, guys...you also have some hidden paradises in your minds. Just keep them just for you...and our child.
    R.Pond2.jpg

I don't have any truly secret places, but most of the places I go are pretty private. I do have a stream at the back of my property that you might consider secret since anyone else would have to have my permission to be there.

But my favorite "secret" fishing place is in a city park. It's just a small warmwater stream, maybe 20 cfs, and the fish are mostly pretty small, but they are plentiful. And because of the James river and other nearby places to fish, I've never seen another fisherman there. I think most people look for big water because they don't know how rewarding small water can be.

+ Reply to Thread