+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly FIshing Mysteries

Default Fly FIshing Mysteries

Just wondering if anyone has read the books, "The Nail Knot" and/or "The Blood Knot" by John Galligan.

I'm just finishing "The Nail Knot" (the first in the series). I HIGHLY recommend it! Can't wait to start on "The Blood Knot". I have never been a big fan of mystery novels. I don't seem to have the patience for character and plot development. (This is my problem, not the authors'!) "The Nail Knot" has just enough flyfishing mixed in to hold my short attention span. I assume "The Blood Knot" will be just as good.

Check 'em out if you haven't already!

Look for "The Snowfly". by Heywood

Thank you thank you thank you. And keep 'em coming. I love mysteries and have been wondering if there were any fly fishing themed mysteries out there. I heard that there are a few by some female author but don't know who she is or what they're called.

Any more?
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

I think (William)Bill Tapply wrote some fly fishing mysteries also
    I'm afraid to say I've never read one, but I have always enjoyed his other works.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

For those new on here, we review stuff, books too sometimes. [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/review/week163.html:1ec6e]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/review/week163.html[/url:1ec6e]

The biggest mystery, that has always puzzled me. Everytime I take time off to go fishing, that the fish have take the same time off, where I am fishing? The fish were here last week, all the locals tell me, and later I hear from someone else, the the fish were there again the day after I left.

I am going have to find out, who the fish book their vacations through! ~Parnelli

Blog Entries

"dudley: I think (William)Bill Tapply wrote some fly fishing mysteries also
    I'm afraid to say I've never read one, but I have always enjoyed his other works."

William Tapply writes mysteries that feature an investigating lawyer from Boston who happens to be a fisherman. He seems to be, at least mainly, a fly fisherman, especially in fresh water. (For some reason I felt an overwhelming urge to include an overly complex sentence in my mini-review. The fact that the author teaches English probably has something to do with that.) I keep waiting for the protagonist to meet Dave Micus in a book. (Since murder mysteries need great characters...)

Ed

Bill Tapply write the Brady Coyne novels, have read most of them and they are a good read. The main character lives in Boston where I have never been, but travels to Montana and Idaho on fishing trips to areas I have fished. I read them every once in a while, and need to purchase the two newest books.

------------------
    Jon from Idaho

[url=http://www.victoriahouston.com:56c8f]www.victoriahouston.com[/url:56c8f]

A retired widower dentist, fly fishes and helps the local sheriff solve mysteries. A fun series of books.

------------------
    Swing hard, in case they throw the ball where you're swinging. Duke Snider
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

+ Reply to Thread