+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice ... and trout

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    ... When all was said and done, the creek got five of my flies and I got one of its fishies. But the creek didn't give my flies back. John
    The fish scored an upset and won that day. That's the way I keep score, if I catch more fish than I lose flies; I win. And vice versa. The fish won. In your defense, the moon has been full, I hate it when the moon is full, fish feed at noon and midnight, give or take an hour. According to the nurse I was talking with Wednesday night, people also fall down more.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr korn View Post
    JohnScott, glad to see you out and about... that's some nICE fishing! Throwing old rubber legs I assume? Thanks for the report...
    What pattern is Old Rubber Legs? If it catches fish here in the East I'd like to tie a few.
    Bruce

Nice water.... and fish... another honey hole! Looks like fun...
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

I almost always get hung up in your threads...lol Thank you! now I gotta get up from here and head to work
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Great thread John. Thank you.
    Do you ever check the water temps while you're out? Curious as to the feeding activity vs. water temp. is why i ask. I read some article that said one might as well forget it if the water temps are below 40 degrees. I am guessing that you have managed to catch them in colder water than that.

Rich
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Hey John! It appears that the "Old Rubber Legs" stonefly has been cleaning up so far this year. Like you I really like winter fishing.
    Bruce

Hey John, nice Bull Trout ..... you don't see those every day.... cool.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Whoa! Somehow I've missed your past few reports... Rainbows, Browns, Cutts, Cutbows, Brookie, and Bull trouts. That is absolutely amazing, impressive, awesome, exciting....I'm still not finding the right word(s)... just....WOW!!! This is SO COOL!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Glad to see you going strong John. I still enjoy your reports as I always have. Like you I really like winter fly fishing. I think it may be my favorite...of course I say that about every season when it comes. Spring is on deck!

Who says Montana winters suck ?????

Way to go John.
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

+ Reply to Thread