+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing is not about catching

My reason for fishing is time spend with family and good friends and mother nature at her finest. I have gone days not catching a fish and still had a good time, make that a great time that created awsome memeories. sorry but I have to disagree fishing is not about catching!

SilverMallard!,

"fellas! I tell you what...if you don't care about catching fish, next time I come along just give me your spot without a fuss. No big deal. You don't care about catching fish anyway. RIGHT!"

That had me rolling!!!..LOL...I know there are guy's out there who HAVE fought to keep "Their" Spot....lol..Or at least feel a need to defend themselves...Reading the archives of Rick Z always amazes me the things "and people" he's had run-in's with ,While on the water..Glad I've never met up with or had experiences in such a negative light of our fellow man, While on the water...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Those of you that say it is not about catching..I hear you... but answer me this.... Let's say you've been fishing for oh, 20 years, and you have never caught a fish...would you keep fishing????
    Of course, if you had fished 20 years and still were fishing I guess you would.....but I submit most would have given it up.

Ducksterman, 20 years? Even a blind hog gets an acorn once in a while! And he keeps on hunting!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Catching is VERY important. Flyfishing is the beautiful framework that makes the catching so rewarding. Being out there alone surrounded by the natural beauty is the icing on the cake. BUT, ya gotta catch!
    Bob
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

Stalking carp and koi is rewarding enough to me. My pulse quickens, and if my line gets snagged in the middle of the stock, I nearly loose it and snap my rod in half. What it looks like to me is casting to koi, but to other people in the cemetary, im sweating, running around the cemetary pond with a stick in my hand screaming obsenities.

So fishing is not just catching. I also enjoys tackle maintanence, tyring rigs, buying tackle, pluss a wide variety of fishing like fly fishing, carp fishing, bass fishing, trout fishing, shad fishing, bluegill fishing with spinning, casting, and fly tackle.

Let me jump back in for just a moment. There is not one thing that has been written by anyone that is deemed "incorrect" or even "argumentative". Each one of you basically has proven a point. I agree I would not fish very long (years wise) if I couldn't catch a fish. The point being, think of everything else associated with what we do to prepare or even add to our fishing experience. We enjoy, some to a greater and some to a lessor degree, each and everything we can muster that associates itself with "fishing", and enjoy it with almost the same satisfaction as catching a fish.

Steve (Rookie)
    Steve

I probably would have quit if I hadnt caught by now. Bluegill saved me. This year i have caught about 120 bluegill, 20 trout, and 5 LM bass on the fly rod.

If fly fishing wasn't about catching fish, Labrador or other exotic fishing locals wouldn't be the boom'in fly fishing destinations they are. I wouldn't go if I were out flogging the water all day, I'd wouldn't be an angler, I'd be a flogger, .

later
    Mike

I am not sure I would be fully satisfied if I was fully satisfied
    Wow. What a great quote. You can expect that I will start using that one...

+ Reply to Thread