+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay now what?!

Default Okay now what?!

I tied up some flies today so what do you all think I should do with them? Different doc has me on new medicine (non-narcotic too) so the situation with the back is much improved. The pain is now down to tolerable levels. I can actually walk a 1/4 mile now before the legs go numb. That is a vast improvement over the previous 35 feet!

Strange as it is the new drug also helps with the PTSD and the depression. I am feeling much better but those steroid shots blew my blood glucose all to H-E-double tooth picks! I think I know what i will do with those flies today. I am going to take them someplace just like this:

Go for it....looks like good access.

BTW ,Nighthawk...heavy dose steroids can cause some significant personality issues.

I would recommend a donut, with a 20" innertube and some swim fins. Get some waterproof pants and a long stick to wave around, does wonders when I have a sore back.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Took the fly gear along but opted for a walk of just over 2 miles. Took me some time to do it but that resulted in me getting this shot of Holman Lake from atop the dam at Little Buffalo State Park:

I will be hitting this lake with the fly gear tomorrow as the rise came on like this all over the lake:

I saw caddis flies, may flies, small black stone flies and black midges hatching off. Took note of the weather conditions, light levels and time of day too. The other end of the lake is shallower so it warms up faster. It is starting to yield crappies and gills already hitting on maggots and minnows for the spinning folks. I am thinking crappie candy and my maggot flies should work well for me there. Nymphs drifted along the stream channel in the lake should work for them too and will also produce trout.

Honestly it feels so great just to be able to get out there. A few months ago that didn't look so good but the doc is on the right path now. I was able to hike about a 1/4 mile at a time before I would have to stop. I decided to just walk it like I was still hunting. That worked great. I guess sometimes you just got to slow down to get the job done.

I think it's great that you are feeling better. The fishes, however, may have some regrets

Thumbs up

Eric,
    It's always good to read a positive post from you.
    I'll call you soon.
    Hugs to Amy!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Eric,
    It's always good to read a positive post from you.
    I'll call you soon.
    Hugs to Amy!
    Mike
    Gee Mikey,,, Eric would like a hug too, but not to tight.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Eric, Tight lines and as always, Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Gee Mikey,,, Eric would like a hug too, but not to tight.
    Nope!...I can't get my arms around him!!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

That's great to hear Eric. I'm happy for you. I'm going out Friday hopefully.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread