+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eide One Person Boat Loader

Default Eide One Person Boat Loader

Hi,
    Anyone out there use an Eide one person boat loader? I've got a Subaru Forester, getting a 10' jon boat from my uncle and would like to use this. I've had it for a while, also from my uncle, but my old Explorer was too tall to be good. One question I have is do you leave it attached when you've taken the boat off at your destination? It would be easier to obviously get in the back. So, any one have experience?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

Which model do you have Mike? The single pole that attached to a trailer hitch, or...?
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

I remember lusting after one of those loaders when I was cartopping my 12 ft. jon boat. I could not say I have ever seen one in use. Experience tells me you wouldn't want to drive around much without having a tether(s) or something to stablize it. Wind and road vibration is going to put a lot of stress on the attachment point at the bottom of the pole. Without one of the hitchs that plug into a socket installing the pole everytime would appear to be something that will require assistance in the form of an able body or a rig to support the pole while tightening attachement bolt(s).
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hmmmm, thanks Uncle Jesse, not only did I get the goodwill site, I get this advice!! Chuck S this is the one that attaches to the trailer hitch, single pole. I like the idea of the socket. Put the loader on the hitch and put it in. Now, how to keep it from smacking the back gate! Any other thoughts out there?
    Thanks!
    Mike

I used one years ago with a 10 foot jon boat on my station wagon. The pole mounted onto the hitch but had to be removed to open the back end. It was not that big of a deal though. I had a bracket that went on the roof via suction cups and then you tied the front handle of the boat to any place you could find on the front of the vehicle. Seemed to ride okay as I recall but I seldom drove on the highway with it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by melk View Post
    Now, how to keep it from smacking the back gate! Any other thoughts out there? Thanks! Mike
    The Army had a great system for that, called a ground guide. Someone to watch the back of you vehicle.

Or take a piece of pipe, mount it in a base or with a spike and place it a foot or two before the gate so you will hit it first. That's the cheap way of doing it, there are all kind of electronic eyes out there you could use.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I've got a Fulton canoe loader, complete, with the 2" ball mount set up where you can tow a trailer and have the Fluton in use, too. Worked great for the three or four times I used it, but then sold the canoe! Here's what it looks like ...

http://www.prolineracks.com/fulton-c...oe-loader.html

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

I have one of the bolt to your hitch loaders but haven't tried it yet. I figured to use the foam block carriers in addtion to it and tie securely, front and rear to prevent the boat sliding forward or back. I suppose one coulld use a foam standoff also to prevent the bolted pole from swaying forward also?
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread