+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza anyone?

Default Pizza anyone?

One of my other more recent hobbies is brewing beer. I saved some leftover spent grain from the mash and found a recipe for pizza dough made with the spent grains. First pic is me mashing in the grains on brew day. Second and third pics are, well, I think they speak for themselves. Made a second pizza after with a thinner more crispy crust and more cheese which turned out even better!

Golly, if your beer is half as good as your pizza looks, that should be some eating and drinking.

Two of my friends in MT are REALLY into making pizza. They both have commercial-types of pizza ovens. One of them has a Wood Stone oven (which I mention because I see you are from Bellingham and I think that's where that company is located). He even built a separate room in his home just for the oven. They both attended a cooking class at Wood Stone 2 summers ago, and a bunch of us get together with them a couple times each summer when they put on a pizza feast -- they probably make us 2 pizzas for each person -- I can already taste them now when I look at your pictures!

Man, those are some goooood looking pizzas!
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Awesome. My stomach just growled.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

FOO,

Great way so go GREEN, using beer mash for pizza dough...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........makes me wonder, what is the mash like after making whiskey?

By the way, any of that beer available at the CWFI?

Larry ---sagefisher---

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    FOO,

Great way so go GREEN, using beer mash for pizza dough...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........makes me wonder, what is the mash like after making whiskey?

By the way, any of that beer available at the CWFI?

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Yeah I'll have beer at the CWFI, not sure what yet but will be brewing it mid april.

My keyboard is about to short out.
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.

Let me see. Bellingham? About 35 minutes from Sedro Woolley. Let me know when the next pizza is due out of the oven and I will be there. Since you make your own beer I guess all I can bring to the party is some flies and perhaps a boat ride on the Skagit. That looks very good.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Great looking pie!

I've been on a very strict diet the past week trying to drop some weight...I really didn't need to see that pizza picturelol

Steve

+ Reply to Thread