+ Reply to Thread

Thread: little help if you don't mind.

Default little help if you don't mind.

http://www.change.org/petitions/just...cebook_friends

The above web site is for signing a petition. The prosicuter is working on a case where a man got drunk and drove through a building and killed 3 people and seriously injured another. The prosicuter is wanting to cut a deal to let him off with probation or at the most 1 year in prison. This took place in great falls mt. If you have the time to read this petition and sign it if you feel this man should get the maximum or more then what they are trying to give him then I thank you. If you do not have the time or do not want to sign then I thank you as well for your time. BOB

Just out of curiosity, did this low life come from that location and did he kill 'locals'? I diod not read the petition but aren't the relatives of those killed and the local population saying anything?
    Something stinks in the story.

Allan

I strongly believe any crime committed by an individual while intoxicated should be prosecuted to the fullest. Being drunk is no excuse for crime. However I am not sure that the petition process over the internet has any value. From what I understand (and I could be wrong) petitions must carry an actual signature to be valid. The proposed petition above could have some value as moral support or as an indicator of the general publics' view.

I can't sign that petition without knowing why the prosecutor is looking to make a plea bargain. The petition seems to be about revenge. Hopefully the court is concerned with justice when they look at the deal that has been struck.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

ok in answer to Alan's question: Yes the man is a local. On a sept evening at midnight Tony hyatt, one of the victoms and friends were talking outside a bar. A truck driven by the defendant swerved over 3 lanes of hiway and struck Tony full on killing him instantly and seriously injuring several others as it plowed through the wall of the bartwo of those injured later died as a result of the injuries sustained in the accident. This was not the defentants first time of driving drunk or getting arrested for driving drunk. When the defendant was arrigned the prosicuter stated this poor man can not be tried for veichular homicide, he did not mean to do it. We present charges for veichular manslaughter. How do I know this. Tony's dad is a good friend of mine and was there for the hearing. Had he been charged with vehiclular homicide as he should have been by montana law he would have to be sentenced to a minimuym of 30 year in prision for each death with no parole and $50,000 fine per death.
    Tig I tend to agree with you. The folks who started this petition are trying very hard to get nationwide coverage. Montana has been very lax on dui's.
    Rainbow chaser if you feel the petition is about revenge then please do not sign it. I only ask those that feel good about what they are signing to sign it. I personnally will be on the phone to the prosicuters office and all the politicians I know and have worked with no later then tues night. Thanks again everyone for your time BOB

I believe that Montana is typically at or near the top of the list of all states for having the most alcohol related traffic fatalities per population.

+ Reply to Thread