+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not FF ... I have been of no use ...

Default Not FF ... I have been of no use ...

since I learned of this web site. http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Cary wants to know what I'm going to do when the babies leave the nest. I really don't know!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Not to worry Betty. Last year there were several hummingbirds livecams happening on Ustream.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

You can't use those feathers for fly tying, Betty.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Dear Betty,

Last year I watched a similar webcast of nest in Tidewater VA. I watched it long and hard and left one afternoon to pick my fiancee up at work. Can you guess what happened next? Yep, the lil' buggers hatched.

Enjoy it while you can, and hopefully you'll have better luck than I did!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Hi Betty,

I watched them all of last year right up till they turned the cam off in late July. It's funny reading all the stuff that folks post there. They had three chicks last year, and most people thought that the last to hatch would die, since it was really small, always the last to get fed, or make it's way even near the front to get fed when they brought something in for their young. They all made it just fine. It was pretty amazing to see just how fast they grow! Their feet are huge right from the get-go. They have major problems just trying to move around their nest and sort of drag them around for a while. Since they're next to a fish hatchery, they nail a lot of trout for meals. They caught a lot more than I did last year as far as trout went.

Regards,
    Mark

Blog Entries

Aw heck, don't anybody let her find any of the ponycams out there...

Ed

Betty,

That nest is not all that far from where I go trout fishing. The funny thing about it is the tree is not that far from a house and is across the street from the Decorah Fish Hatchery. Which makes it convenient when needing something to eat.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

Betty,
    When are you going to set up a broomcam?

Ed

Jeez EdD!!! When you gonna stop? The constant stress of wondering when Betty's gonna hex you is straight killing me, man...why you gotta go an make it worse?
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Come up to Pennsylvania to fish the Susquehanna with me and watch the Eagles fly along the river for fish. We have two mating pairs in the area. One pair just north of town and another pair just to the south of town. The pair south of town is nested on a cliff right above routes U.S. 11/15. As I was traveling south the other day I was treated to the sight of an adult bird returning to the nest. We watch them from the front porch of our house during the summer flying up and down the river valley.

I was treated to the sight of an osprey and the bald eagle fighting over a fish that the osprey had caught. When the fish fell into the water the birds went their separate ways.

+ Reply to Thread