+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dorber 2 wt

Default Dorber 2 wt

Just wanted to give a recommendation for Global Dorber rods... Just picked up a 9' 2wt that casts nicely. Small panfish still feel like small panfish, good-sized ones feel very good, and a bass of just a pound really put a bend in it yesterday. I believe the slow action of the rod really helped me with that fish, as I had just discovered a wind knot in my line and decided to continue to fish instead of replacing it (forest preserve was about to close). I think a stiffer rod might have popped the line.

I'm wondering what a 0 wt rod feels like with the 'gills, but I don't have $400 for a Sage, so this will do nicely for a while.

Actually that is $495 for the Sage.... lol

------------------
    Born to fish forced to work.
    Alan

I second your opinion of Dorber rods. A joy to cast and their customer service is excellent. They are also doing some innovative designs. Check out their site.

I have a 7wt dorbeR e-Rod 4. Fine rod, made and sold by very nice people.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

I happen to have a slt 0wt it is a nice rod for sure. I was fortunate to get a new one for 305 bucks. As for bluegills. Yea they are fun on it. This memorial weekend i llbe fishing a place where i caught a 13 incher on the 5wt. Will have the 0wt with me this time. It'll be wait til see then. Not familar Dorber rods but just got a diamondglass 2wt 5footer in and a 2 1/2 Avon reel on it and it looks slick .

I checked out their site and they seem to have some nice rods. I'd never heard of them until jsalkas post. Do any of you have any info about them? I got the basic info from their site but was curious to know more about the company ie, who owns them, where are they made etc., Any info would be great.

pspaint,
    The Dorber group is located in Flippin Arkansas in the heart of the White River /Norfork area. For a number of years they were the silent subcontractor rod builders for a number of the big name companies T&T, LL Bean etc. A few years back they started manufacturing rods under their own name. They are a real pleasure to deal with. If you visit their plant they let you take a handful of rods out and cast to your hearts content until you fine the one that fits you. I have one of theirs and am looking at one of their newer designs.
    Give them a try; you won't be disapointed.

Thanks Grandado.
    I was looking at a couple of their 2wts. Those little 5 footers could come in handy.

I'd agree with you on the shorter rods; I typically want something longer for buzzing the local ponds/lakes, but the other day I was casting in a small creek with an abundance of overhanging trees, and the shorter rod would have been handy.

+ Reply to Thread