+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antrim Lodge Observation & Question

Default Antrim Lodge Observation & Question

For those of you who are familiar with this historic place and know what's been going on over the last 5 or so years:

On the way home from fly tying 'Flyfest', my friend and I happened to take a look to the right as we drove passed Roscoe and spotted the Antrim Lodge. We noticed the lack of any construction progress. We just verbally discussed when the place may actually open. Between us we made a best guess that that might be about spring, 2013. At worst, maybe spring, 2014 followed soon thereafter by a fire that guts the place forever. Of course in the Catskills, fires are known to strike at any time and we both left that as a possibility notwithstanding any actual occupancy of the building and business taking place there. Just our guesses, sad as they may be.

Allan

All I know is that after the fire of several years ago, the owners were still planning to continue the renovation and open the Lodge. If you're not seeing any construction my quess is that they ran out of money or gave up the project. Curious to know more.

Randy

Stopped by the Roscoe Diner in May last year and asked the locals. They too didn't have any information

+ Reply to Thread