+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain rain go away

Blog Entries

Default Rain rain go away

California is under water, it's still raining, and the opener is 18 days away. The reservoirs are overflowing and the rivers are high.

Going nuts here.

Greg

We will take it here in NY. Something like 95% of our waters are at low levels.
    Joe Fox

Amen. Rain, rain, get your scrawny butt over here!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

My good man Greg F- Where ever one lives in the world today, things just don't appear to be right with the weather (IMO). For you in California it is either grass/forest fires or torential rains and mudslides. We have our issues here in Michigan too, In Oregon where I spent the first 50 years of my life, we had two seasons...the rainy season and the rainy season. I remember about 10 years ago, 45 days in a row of rain. We lived on Sauvie Island west of Portland, the river came up and we were cut off from the mainland and were supplied by the Army National Guard. We ate in the grade school and were finally allowed back in our water soaked homes a week later. I feel for you and hope your come out OK. Wish best good wishes, Jonezee

You are not kidding Greg. I live in Redding and it rained every day in March except for 3 days and so far it has rained every day in April. You just have to be creative and take what it gives you. I did pretty well on Sunday.

------------------
    Born to fish forced to work.
    Alan

Mother Nature is just trying to bring Opening Day right to your doorstep.

Blog Entries

Fish4trout,
    I usually like to head out east of you at the end of April to fish that beloved tailwater. Just hoping it's not blown out. Meanwhile, like you said, take what it gives you and make the best of it.

Greg

I'm with ashbourn...we need the precip here in NY.

Down here in Concord Ca we are living the same..rain, rain, rain....you get cabin fever and also a little depressed with the outlook...snow melt and run-off will keep the streams flowing very high for a long time...I haven't even been able to get out on a lake to fish in the boat..

Once the rain stops we will have to put a lot of emphasis on getting out fishing and take advantage of the good weather coming...

This site and another fly fishing site I frequent has helped me keep sane and hopeful..however I can only live vicariously through others fishing trips for so long...

In far southern California, we would rather have the rain. We are in one of the driest winters ever.

I have been looking forward to the rain because the fishing for bass and bluegill has been better with the cloud cover rather than the bright sunny skies that have characterized most of winter and spring.

We have family and property in the north and are well aware of the troubles however.

+ Reply to Thread