+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's happening to me?

Martin, I believe you love catching fish. It can certainly be a puzzle to solve, and that is what keeps our minds engaged to it. Experiment to find the right waters and species, then challenge the finned ones to do battle.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Acccording to the ad I saw on television last night you have "Low Testerone", you need "Ageless Male" or a long weekend with a rod in your hand.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

and don't wash
    and eat junkfood

The only way I could spend half a year not fishing and be ok with it is if the lid was closed.
    I spent the last 4 months trying to catch a trout and I still haven't got him yet. Don't give up Martin!
    Last edited by Luke McLeod; 02-15-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.

Martin,
    I hate to take this to the serious side but I had the same symptom last fall. To cut a long story short, my doctor dug in and determined I was battling depression. Flyfishing was one giant way I'd historically re-energized my batteries and I'd lost all interest in it and other outlets. He prescribed 4-8 weeks of time away from phone, computer, work and he forced me to be "reintroduced" to fishing and family. As crazy as it sounds, it was not easy to do for the first two or three weeks. Soon the interest and energy returned. Family life and work life came back in balance and the passion is back....for all things! I'm not suggesting this is happening to you but the "what's happening to me" topic title caught my attention. I do apologize if this is an over reaction but I'm not taking a chance...
    Grassman

I always liked buying mine at the tackle shop (no longer need one here in my home state ... old gray beards) if for no other reason then to have a look around. Also, never bought one out of season, or should I say before the fact of actually heading out to the ole fishing hole.

Quote Originally Posted by grassman View Post
    Martin,
    I hate to take this to the serious side but I had the same symptom last fall. To cut a long story short, my doctor dug in and determined I was battling depression. Flyfishing was one giant way I'd historically re-energized my batteries and I'd lost all interest in it and other outlets. He prescribed 4-8 weeks of time away from phone, computer, work and he forced me to be "reintroduced" to fishing and family. As crazy as it sounds, it was not easy to do for the first two or three weeks. Soon the interest and energy returned. Family life and work life came back in balance and the passion is back....for all things! I'm not suggesting this is happening to you but the "what's happening to me" topic title caught my attention. I do apologize if this is an over reaction but I'm not taking a chance...
    Grassman
    I did skip a few issues I am dealing with that have made my life a bit hellish, maybe you're not that off target as you might think. I just didn't want to start talking about personal stuff. Thanks for your consern, I think I'm going to be ok. I bought my fishing lisence last night .
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 02-17-2012 at 02:21 AM.
    I believe I can fly fish

+ Reply to Thread