+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been hacked!

Default I've been hacked!

Woke up this morning to find out my yahoo email account has been hacked. Now I am having a heck of a time trying to get in and change my password.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

go to the email sign in page under the sign in is I cant access my account, click that then click my account has been comprimised and go from there.

My wifes was taken over, they sent out a letter saying she was in ireland had been muged and needed money to get me out of the hospital. then they deleated her address book. They also messed with her return email address so it sent replies to her emails to another address. We never did get that one straightened out. Do yourself a favor and just start a new email address and transfer over as you can.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

It isn't a help to you now, but something I started doing last year is keeping an database in Excel of the email addresses in my address book, especially anything financially related. It's a just a little work to keep up, but it will save hours of time reconstructing the list if I have to some day. It will allow me to send a blanket email to all my friends fairly quickly if I need to warn them about bogus emails sent from my account, or if I have to change my email address for whatever reason.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Oh, no! Our poor Anglerdave is in Scotland, sans funds for air or lodging! All his papers stolen! I sent money for him.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I had a hotmail account that was compromised and all of a sudden I couldn't do anything with it. So, I opened a gmail account. I found the gmail account easy to navigate, plus I was able to migrate my address book to gmail from hotmail and still receive any mail addressed to my hotmail account. So far, I'm really happy with my gmail.
    Last edited by Lotech; 02-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I knew it had happened - received an email from you about a Canadian Pharmacy which carries all the meds for ED. (No not that Ed..)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    I knew it had happened - received an email from you about a Canadian Pharmacy which carries all the meds for ED. (No not that Ed..)
    Are you sure about that? It would explain alot if it were Ed. lol
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Fortunately, with the help of yahoo cust serv, they were able to recover all of my contact information.

Going forward if anyone receives an email from me that says I am in Scotland and have spent all my money on single malt, cigars and fishing licenses, do not hestate to send me money.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

But I might believe you spent it all on malt.

Will hide on a pond now.

Rick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Are you sure about that? It would explain alot if it were Ed. lol
    Sorry, my main med is Benadryl. I have heard of people for whom the term "popping bennies" is in no way a reference to anti-histamines. I am not one of those people.

Ed

P.S. Ironically one of the side effects of taking Benadryl for too long without a break is forMication. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication
    Last edited by EdD; 02-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread