+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiskars Scissors

Default Fiskars Scissors

While watching some Youtube videos the other day I noticed a couple of long time seasoned tiers where using these Fiskars Scissors. I've never heard of them before but some tiers swear by them. Was wondering if anyone here has used them and how will they hold their edge, are they worth getting pair ?

found a 4" pair for about $11 and thinking about trying them out.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

I have an old pair of Fiskars thread nips:

Besides Dr. Slick hair scissors, these are the only ones I use (thanks A.K.); blades have held up well.

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by ScottP; 02-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.

I don't know about fly tying models, but I have a pair of left-handed regular Fiskar scissors that I've used for at least 20 years and my wife has a pair she has used since 1980 and still loves them. My mother swore by them as well. They have been around for many years and make a quality product. If I came across a model that was suitable for tying I would have no second thoughts about buying them.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Scott,

I have pair like those, made by Wiss I believe. They seem to work quiet well for me too. I was looking at a pair of the Fiskars 4-Inch Detail Scissors.

I found them on Amazon. Here a link if anyone else maybe interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-9507-4...d=H4S9BDCUKVIZ

Mike
    Last edited by mickalo; 02-06-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Mike,

Have always been impressed by Fiskars quality; if they fill a need and fit your fingers you should be happy with them.

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    Mike,

Have always been impressed by Fiskars quality; if they fill a need and fit your fingers you should be happy with them.

Regards,
    Scott
    I think I will order a pair and try them out. For $11 won't break the bank and allot cheaper then many of the big name fly tying scissors offered.

Mike

Blog Entries

I have never found any I wanted to use for tying, but I have a half dozen sets of fiskars kids scissors in my waders, chest packs, pockets, etc. Best thing I have found for cutting tippet and such in cold weather. And the softgrip pink ones are easy to recover if you drop them in the river, not that I ever do that. Nope.

i have the wiss clips and don't think i could get by without the

Hate to do this since he didn't ask what we use...... but since clip scissors came up ....I like these...Gingher's ...light weight feel good in hand...no need for that finger loop...can get 50% off at JoAnns at times.

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Gingher-4-inch-Featherweight-Thread-Clippers/3128666/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=ps pla&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

And I inherited a pair of Weiss from my mother....so have tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickalo View Post
    Scott,

I have pair like those, made by Wiss I believe. They seem to work quiet well for me too. I was looking at a pair of the Fiskars 4-Inch Detail Scissors.

I found them on Amazon. Here a link if anyone else maybe interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-9507-4...d=H4S9BDCUKVIZ

Mike
    I use a pair like these from Amazon for flytying and love them. Seem to stay sharp forever. You can get them at Hobby Lobby for about $5 using one of their 40% off coupons.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread