+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening day Saturday in Pa

Default Opening day Saturday in Pa

I don't know how many of you are anticipating Saturday as much as I am in Pennsylvania. Finally get to fish all the "homestreams". I can not wait another day, but I have to. I will be at McMichaels Creek. Where are you going? If its a secret I understand. Good luck to all of you in your hunt for Trout.

Nick

Little Lehigh with the TU club.

I am truly ready to go this Saturday in SW PA. Yes I could have fished the DHALOs but too busy. This being Easter weekend and time off from work - I am ready to go. I already have the Jeep packed!

Good luck to all the PA fishers from
    paflyfisher!

Being Easter weekend, I'm staying close to home. Since I live in Lancaster County, I will skip opening day this year to avoid the crowds and mayhem. My brother-in-law needs help with landscaping, and since he is always the first to help others, I'll give him my opening day in return.

Hi Nick - Maybe I'll bump into you! Been going there every opening day for over 20 years. It's nice to see the same familiar faces and catch up on things......Ed

I usually skip the opener. I fish all year long, all the time so I figure I'll leave that weekend and the fish to those adults and kids that live for it.

But I can't wait for the season to open so I can legally fish all of those Class A stream sections that happen to be part of an Approved Trout water.

My goal this year is to fish 20 new streams, new to me that is. I have 18 to go!

I live in Potter County but will be traveling to Benton to fish on Fishing Creek. Different scenery and my brother has a camper right on the creek in Benton.

Ron

I fish all year around as well. I fished the local DHALOS through March and spent last week down in Viginia catching brookies, LMB and gills with my Mom.

To avoid the opening day crowds me and my step-son are heading to the Savage River in Maryland. I live near the DHALO on Pine Creek and will probably hit that Sunday evening. We're going to hoping for a Western MD slam (brown, brook, rainbow, cutty) but will be happy to just be fishing.

------------------
    Fish more, work less!

Please, somebody explain what you mean by "opening day". Is there a season for fishing in your state?

Opening day- The day that Trout fishing reopens.

Here in Pa we have a closed season for trout fishing, except in special regulation areas and a few select streams. They stock the trout druing this time of season when it is closed.

I don't think I can explain it too well, but I hope it helps.

Nick

+ Reply to Thread