+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 9 months smoke free!

I agree steve. My sense of smell is awesome now. Like others i can smell a person light one up from 100 yds LOL. The other thing I found was the food. Wow does food taste good now. I like things I used to hate and hate things I used to like. Gained a bunch of weight but now loosing it. Still cough a lot and hack up but that gets better each and every day.I can't wait to get to the point where you are.

A suggestion for anyone toying with quitting.......don't wait until your doctor says it's time for COPD testing and chest xrays!
    That did it for me! Everytiime I get s strong urge I just think about my health! It's working for me. I am also enjoying the newfound
    senses of smell and taste!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

To me, however, it has always been important to distinguish between NON smokers and ANTI smokers. I was once a smoker but now I choose to be a "NON" version of same. Roll your own on this interpretation.
    Yep I agree...I wouldn't say I am an "Anti" but I would say just a "Non" smoker now. I feel everyone has to make their own choice, I'm just glad I finally got it through my thick skull enough to make the right choice now

Oddly though I haven't really noticed food tasting any different, I feel like I always tasted the flavor for some reason so that hasn't changed. But the lack of couching, the sense of smell, and more energy are the three big things I have noticed.

Steve, Congrats to you sir!!! I've been smoke free for 2 1/2 years and really enjoy it and so does my family. Congrats again and keep on keeping on, John.

Congratulations on kicking the habit without picking up another one. One of my old friends from LA (lower Alabama) quit smoking and starting chewing. Which I think his wife objected to more than the smoking. I believe it was in David McCullough's book "The Mayflower" he mentioned the earlier settlers writing about the Indian tobacco being addicting. It's apparently a long problem.

There are so few places where non-smokers are subjected to smokers now that you can smell a cigarette what seems a half mile away.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Congrats,I believe quitting is the greatest thing i have done in my life.My wife was blessed with a double lung transplant eight and a half years ago.

Two months smoke-free tomorrow!!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Congratulationa again to those who have recently kicked the habit. In my not so humble opinion, your posting here about your resolve plays NO SMALL part in maintaining that resolve to quit. The more you tell others , the more likely you'll stay on track. Support of others is VERY important be it family, friends or venues like this one.
    In any case, more power to you.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Custom Fly Rods View Post
    Sure some of you guys remember me trying to quite smoking over the past few years (been a 20 year smoker)....well I can finally say that this weekend...I am 9 months smoke free!!

I don't usually pat myself on the back lol...but this, I'm pretty proud of. I think this has honestly been the best decision I have ever made in my life!

Steve
    Marvelous Sir!! Simply Marvelous!! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Two months smoke-free tomorrow!!

That's excellent Bobbyg! Stick with it because it only gets better.

Thanks again for all the support everyone. I am closing in on that big 1 year anniversary next month

Steve

+ Reply to Thread