+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9 months smoke free!

Make Febreze your best friend.

Congratulations, the hard part is over. It has been 12 years for me.

Six and a half for me, Chantix as well. I hate to say it was easy, but certainly easier than I ever expected. My doctor at the time in Washington, a woman, put me on the freebee and I didn't even fill the prescription - I was already off them for good. I hope this string encourages anyone who is still smoking to stop - NOW.

I just want to reemphasize what the folks who have pointed out you can't smoke just one are saying. I'd kill for a good cigar, but I'd be smoking three packs a day by the end of the week if I did. "Hello, my name is Bill and I'm a former smoker..."

WTG Steve! I hit 18 months smoke free yesterday, it gets easier with each passing day!

Keep it up!

congrats Steve I know how ya feel. I just hit the 5 month mark on the 5th of january. 50 years and on the 5th of august said it is time to stop. I love the extra maney. I have bought a new lathe plus a bunch of tools.
    BobbyG two weeks is good. those will be the hardest 2 weeks. anytime it gets rough just take a deep breath and oh yea now you can take a deep breath.
    Since I quit I now sleep on my back not sitting up and I feel so much better. bood pressure is a lilttle high but oh well

Good for you.....congrats. I'll be smoke free for 18 yrs this coming July. Just threw a pack of butts in the trash and never looked back...cold turkey. i swear i was going thru withdrawl sickness.....not kidding. Sweats, the shake, the whole nine yards. Nasty stuff but it worked. i haven't even had the urge to light up since.

Ken
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Thanks everyone. And glad to see so many other people have kicked the habit as well.

One thing I have found really funny is the way I can smell it now. When I was smoking I couldn;t smell it on me or on anyone else no matter what. But now....wow. I can smell a smoker from 15 ft away it seems I just never realized it was that easy to smell the smoke on someone till I quite.

Steve

Even after 5 years, I can smell someone light cigarette from across a parking lot. Never understood why non-smokers would complain so much until I became one!

To me, however, it has always been important to distinguish between NON smokers and ANTI smokers. I was once a smoker but now I choose to be a "NON" version of same. Roll your own on this interpretation.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread