+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any body here do any reloading?

Default Any body here do any reloading?

I am contemplating adding reloading to my activities. Just curious if anyone here does some reloading? And, if so what they would recommend to a beginner. I would be most interst in the reloading of hand guns.

I do a lot used to do a lot of pistol not so much now mostly rifle. A RCBS starter kit and a set of dies will get you started. Where are you at in the four corners. I live in Dolores. Maybe I can help you out.

I haven't for awhile but the RCBS starter kit got me started and I stayed with RCBS products for the duration.

Depends somewhat on why you want to reload.

If you are going for precision reloading for precision shooting the quality of the equipment becomes a factor.

I guess I'm speaking mainly for rifles.

Hardhat, I reload, have3 been for about 30 years. As far as equipment goes RCBS, Lyman and Lee are good starting points. What do you want to reload for and are you wanting volume or quality in your ammo. You might want to check Marlin Owners website, they have a great reloading section there and everyone there is willing to help with information. PM me if I can be of anymore help. If you go on the Marlin site I use the screne name of glockmeister, take care, John.

Thank you everyone for your imput. I want to start shooting some USPSA. So what I would like is something where I would be able to learn to reload a consistant hand gun round. I do not see myself loading more than 200 rounds per month. Breamchaser, I did spend some time on the site you suggested. So I will be trying to increase my knowledge so as to make a good decision. Thanks

Default Reloading

I would recommend Dillon Precision: www.dillonprecision.com/
    I reload thousands of rounds and the Dillon line of presses have served me, the US Army Shooting Team and several other Teams very well for years.
    Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Hardhat, I reload 38spc., 9mm, 44mag, 308win, and 270win. My only added suggestion would be to look closely at the LOAD books, they have one caliber per book but most all powder, bullet and etc. in one book. If you get up this way, I'm in the book.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

I haven't reloaded in years but I still have my presses including a dillon square deal b. Were I headed back to reloading I would buy a lee or lyman with the Collete set up I would have to look closer at them to decide which one. That way when you get a cartridge die set up, it stays set up, and you can just put them back in the press and start reloading. I would sell the dillon to buy the set up. If I were going to be shooting competition, say 300 rounds a month of one cartridge I would keep the dillon. dillon makes a wonderful machine and for a competitive shooter there is nothing better.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I was partial to Foster ...especially their co-axial press.

+ Reply to Thread