+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alaska Vacation

Default Alaska Vacation

Wife and I will be flying into Anchorage to pick up a camper in August. I realize that August is a long way away but I do all the planning, I seem to be having a hard time in finding a hotel for a night that reviews go from bad neighborhoods to not clean and noisy. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest a hotel in Anchorage that you yourself would stay.
    Thanks

Did you try Tripadvisor? I've always found their reviews to be on target.

My son travels through Anchorage several times each year. When he is there overnight, he stays at the Marriott. I think it is the Courtyard Marriott at the airport. He has been very satisfied with the accommodations and the service there. I would suggest that you check them out. There are also several other Marriott hotels in the Anchorage area. Good luck and have a nice trip next summer.

Coach

Donat, you have a PM

a friend who flies into Alaska and rents a RV for his time there, arranges to stay in his RV at the RV purveyor's lot that first night. he does a similar thing the last night before flying out.

HTH

I stayed at the downtown Sheraton. Cost a bit more but is clean, decent breakfast and has a helpful staff. Last company I worked for was half in AK. I made several trips a year up there. I always sent my rods via UPS to the hotel and they would have them ready at the desk when I checked in. Then carried them up to the room for me. Always helped me ship them back home when I was leaving. Decent place.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I was just there in September -- and due to a weather, my connecting flight was cancelled so I had to stay in a motel. Stayed in a quality inn that was near the airport and they had a free shuttle and was quiet. Not sure how close a restaurant was because didn't need one. Nothing is cheap there by lower 48 standards. They gave us what they called the North Slope rate which was cheaper than what a AAA discount would have been. The place was clean and very acceptable with a continental breakfast, business center with computer. Would stay there again if I had to. Not sure how close it is to where the RV pick is located --- that might make a difference to you.

Prior to 2004 I worked for Starwood, now Sheraton's parent company was was able to get my in-laws a employee discount at the Sheraton. They were very happy with the hotel. The company has spent and required their franchisees to spent considerable money upgrading the quality of their hotels. Which does usually lead to upgrades in room rates. Good bed and pillows.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread