+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't think of topic..just read it

Default can't think of topic..just read it

Hi folk. At my age and economic status I don't have many pleasures left in this world. One that I enjoy is to read 10 to 12 pages of this BB about one every 2-3 weeks, with beer. It's a little bit like tomato juice, it don't taste like much until you add alcohol to it.
    So what I found this time is there is some guy in Baghdad wants to know about trout fishing. Then there is some guy in Phoenix wants to know about flyshops. It's the middle of a desert, do you guys get this. Take a look around guys the cactus are a clue. (I know there aren't cactus in Baghdad) Why would you need a flyshop if you don't have streams? To have fish in streams you need flowing water. Take a look around Phoenix, do you see any flowing water? Clue; It's blue...and moving. If you don't see people walking about in chest waders it's another clue.

I think of this place as a barometer of life, so keep it comeing. Did you know that in Iraq they have 1 (one) ISP? That will put you in your chair. We have to bring atleast hundred of ISP's to Iraq. I think that I am digressing. Later all.

hehehe, chubs I never met you but I like you already....

They actually do have fish in Bagdad - you have to understand anywhere the Brits went they took fish, roses and lilacs...that's also why there are trout in India!

As for Phoenix, there really are mountain streams, we've had a couple of articles on the fishing there.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Blog Entries

Chubs , Did you know that there are even the dreaded Saltwater bluegills in the middle of Ohio ? Strange but true .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

There are trout in Arizona too.

Gnu bee flyer, I think the saltwater bluegill is extinct in Ohio. Tuber fried up the last one.

------------------
    all leaders tangle; mine are just better at it than most. Jim

[This message has been edited by rainbowchaser (edited 07 April 2006).]
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Hey guys,
    Th mighty saltwater bluegill will exist as long as the ol' 'tuber does!!..."Yes, Virginia, there IS a Sa......."

Gnu Bee...Where have you been? I was actually gettin' concerned & it's not good for an Irishman to worry! Good to see you posting.
    'Chaser...ME? FRY a saltwater gill?...Blasphemy! 'twould be a mortal sin! Maybe somebody like Micus would, but surely not me!
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Well then how do cook a saltwater bluegill, Mr. O'tuber?

Business has taken me to the Phoenix area many times over the years. That had formed my impression of Arizona. But last year I had to travel across Arizona by car and I found myself amazed to be driving across high mountain areas, with pine forests and lots of snow.

As for Baghdad, have you seen the pictures of the huge fish these guys are catching in front of Saddam's palace?

I think I'm quoting Yeats when I say "The world's a much more different place than you can understand."

There is fishing and fish and water here. We just don't tell outtatowners about it too much.

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing and standing in a river waving a stick, and YOU SIR have crossed that line!
    It's.....Just....A.....Stick...!!

+ Reply to Thread