+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hardy Zenith

Smile Hardy Zenith

I bought my first Hardy rod over 40 years ago, a 8 1/2 foot # 7 hardy Jet. I also bought a Marquis reel and an extra spool to go with it at that time. I fished trout and salmon with that outfit for over 15 years. In fact I hooked my first Atlantic salmon with it. Unfortunately. I accidentaly broke the rod and went many years without fishing a Hardy. Finally, after a few years had past, I bought another Hardy and I still fish with it using my original Marquis reel.

About three months ago, I decided to spoil myself and purchased a new Hardy Zenith, a 9 1/2 foot #7.I also purchased a new Hardy reel. I have always been a Hardy fan, but this rod surpasses any rod that I have ever fished with. Everything they claim in the Hardy site about this rod is true. Indeed, it is very light weight, yet it is strong. I hooked and landed a 15lbs fresh Atlantic salmon with it this fall and I tailed it in less than 10 minutes. I was amazed how quickly I was able to play this fish before releasing it. Anyone who has fished for Atlantics knows that it takes a strong rod to land a fish of that size without a net in that short a time.

This rod is a real pleasure to cast. It is very light weght, well balanced, yet has all kind of fighting power. I can tell you that the rod was almost bent in half when I brought my salmon in. If you're due for another rod and if you're willing to pay for a quality rod, I strongly suggest you look closely at the new Hardy Zenith before making you"re final decision.

( I just re-read this e-mail and I sound like a salesman working for Hardy lol. I am in no way connected with that company. I am simply a strong Hardy supporter...)

Good for you! I don't ever feel someone is doing a sales job when they tell the truth about a product they are/have used. We appreciate that you took the time to share it with us!

LadyFisher,

The comment is an honest one.

By the way, I hope you and your husband Trav have a nice warm and healthy winter in Arizona.

Paul

Blog Entries

Hi my name is Art and I am a Hardyholic!

Met a guy on a Kodiak stream this past fall and he stopped me to ask about my Hardy reel... Says they are all over the place in Canada, but not so much this side of the border.

I literally have about 35 Hardy reels...

Wow! That"s a lot of Hardy reels. Would you call yourself a Hardy reel collector? Do you have a Hardy perfect in your collection?

Blog Entries

Most get used, especially 6 Huskys which have been my primary salmon reels for at least 20 years. When guiding I mostly put Hardys in clients's hands.

I have to admit I am swapping over to Lamsons for salmon and big fish (caught an 80# halibut on a Hardy this past July) for the better drag, but all my light stuff is going to stay Hardy for the forseeable future.

I have a couple Flyweights I use on tiny stuff and a Marquis 4... lots of Marquis sizes through the Salmon end... And I do have a few Perfects. Being a right hand wind guy usually the British way does not bother me at all.
    art

Hap? I may not be remembering this correctly but - the late JC had several Lamsons which had a problem with I believe a spring. Does that sound right? At any rate he sold them all off. Maybe it was an older one? But I know we used them for salmon in WA.....

+ Reply to Thread