+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had Divorce Papers Served Today

Blog Entries

Default Had Divorce Papers Served Today

Woke up this morning thinking it would be a good day. Even drove the wife to work so I could use the rig for a trip South to Whittier to winterize a little boat we use fairly regularly and whose owners I have been teaching seamanship and boat driving for the last coupe years.

My 17-year-old son uses the our S-10 P/U to go to school and my full-size van sits in Kodiak idly waiting for me to come back. So we have the cylinders, far more than most families, just have them misplaced... Or so some would think...

Anyway, once in Whittier I got out of the rig, a monster V-10 powered Ford Excursion (out of my way you little Subaru!) getting about 10 gallons to the mile, I took a few steps and found black ice hidden under about 2" of puffy white stuff. I went down hard on my right side, remembering clearly the "tuck that right arm in close before contact" thought running through my mind. It likely helped as I am not a little guy at 6'4" and 240# and I hit hard! At this point I am pretty sure I broke a floater. With a number of broken rib incidents behind me I think I have a pretty good idea exactly what they feel like and that is what it feels like now...

Oh, that little divorce thing? The server almost had it right. He got the wrong name and the wrong address, but it was the right neighborhood! In the Majors batting .333 would be remarkable!

I still hurt, but at least it is a hurt I can deal with!
    art

Art,

So many things that could go wrong, gald to hear the server was wrong too. Feel better soon, just dont laugh as much!

Z

Blog Entries

as bad as your day was, it was better than the other guy.

take it easy and let it heal.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Blog Entries

Watched Monday Night Football while dealing with very few trick or teaters... Was snowing hard and blowing enough to make it a lot less fun than falling hard on black ice... and figured out excitement is NOT my friend...

Guessing tomorrow will not make things better and a shot or two of alcohol have a better chance of improving conditions, I drank a little beer. It still hurts and I will have to see what tomorrow brings...

sometimes,things like that are reminders that things could be worse.Get well soon

For a minute there, I thought you were married to that Kardashian gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
    as bad as your day was, it was better than the other guy.

Eric
    Depends on the wife.........
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Blog Entries

HAP,

Something like that could tend to scare a person a bit, like maybe you should buy your wife a really nice and unexpected gift just for being her.

Larry ---sagefisher---

We now know for an absolute fact that Hap isn't married to Kim Kardashian.

Blog Entries

Guess I am missing something as I have no clue who Kim K is... But I am equally convinced it would not mean much in my life...

For the record, my wife has been putting up with me for nearly 32 years. And we have been through a lot on both ends of the spectrum of Life. We fish, hunt, tie flies, and do all sorts of things together... She is very active with CFR and a gifted craftsperson and cook... She also had hair (thick, dark red hair) that hung to mid-calf when we met... She is not an ugly one! Thirty years have not been as kind to me as her...

+ Reply to Thread