+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There Goes Sanity

Default There Goes Sanity

SAN DIEGO ? A federal court is being asked to grant constitutional rights to five killer whales who perform at marine parks _ an unprecedented and perhaps quixotic legal action that is nonetheless likely to stoke an ongoing, intense debate at America's law schools over expansion of animal rights.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is accusing the SeaWorld parks of keeping five star-performer whales in conditions that violate the 13th Amendment ban on slavery.

Just the thought of a federal court willing to listen to this bullsh*t is scary. Now, before you laugh, what do you think PETA will do in the not to distant future? How about 'sport fishing'?

Allan

Sanity has been gone a long time my friend.Ray

Blog Entries

Sanity is an unwarranted assumption.

PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals...... Oh yea,, Wrong group AGAIN!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Why should the ninth district court get it right this time when they have such an amazing record for getting everything else wrong. What a bunch of ?????????????. I guess appropriate language hasn't evolved, to express my disgust with ol' # 9.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Blog Entries

Kind of reminds me of the Star Trek Voyager series when they proposed that holograms should have the same rights as living creatures. I mean all you had to do was flip a switch and the hologram was gone.

I say treat the Killer Whales kindly, but give them constitutional rights? Heck, my two little doggies should have constitutional rights then. Yea, let them vote for the next prez.

Larry ---sagefisher---

If animals have constitutional rights, then I want some welfare money for my 2 dogs and a cat. I may even get a whole bunch of goldfish. I always thought PETA was spelled PITA. Pain In The XXX.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Amusing... Children do not have Constitutional rights, but apparently animals should according to PETA? Ugh
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

IMHO, the only thing worse than PETA & the ACLU is our entire judicial system that gives credence to this crap!
    There...I SAID it & I will NOT take it back!

Larry...I'm rootin' for your dogs!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm sure that there is some judge on the ninth circuit looking at this thing with as much disgust an any of us but it's his job to consider the merits of the case. Then he can throw it out. Many of the things Peta does come under the heading of gaining cheap publicity with no expectation of achieving any real result.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread