+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MO outlaws felt-what should I do?

Default Simms Streamtread soles ...

... treated me well this past summer for wet wading.

I wore the sandal version for about fifty outings. The sandal version does let in some sand and small rocks that you have to remove occasionally, and didn't quite fit ( size 10 too small and the 11 a bit too long ), but I was quite confident in the traction on all kinds of surfaces.

I usually hike some when I am wade fishing, walking paved roadways, gravel roads, and backcountry trails. And end up scrambling here and there on bare rock, wet and dry. Plus the wading, although it is mostly in quite clear freestone streams where there is typically not much slippery stuff, but the rocks are jumbled sizes with a lot of smooth surfaces to deal with. The sandals handled it all very nicely.

The only issue is that the soles wore a bit faster than I expected. But they look like they will probably last one more summer like this past one.

Based on my experience with the sandals, I went ahead and bought the Simms Guide boot. Wore them yesterday for several hours on the Lochsa and was quite satisfied with the comfort ( I had to go up to a size 12 from my normal 11 ) and the traction on various surfaces.

Follow the link for the specific boot I am referencing.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/gui...dded_aqua.html

I have NOT used the studs in the sandals and don't expect to in the boots.

John
    The fish are always right.

Move to Arkansas...become part of the problem and stop worrying about the solution!

I heard some very good things about Korkers spring 2012 introduction of the Svelte soles from a local fly shop owner who saw some prototypes at the latest Dealer Show. He indicated the Svelte was still in test mode. Let's hope the tests go well and they go into production for a spring 2012 full blown introduction.
    Max

Solution-I sent my Simms boots to Dave Page, Cobbler in North Seattle. For $60. plus postage he took the felt off and put Simms Vibram soles on my boots. He did a terrific job in a timely fashion. I'm proud to report that in 6 days of using them I remained upright. Of course if you want new boots--I won't tell.
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

+ Reply to Thread