+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy!

Default New Guy!

Hey Guys, I'm a new guy around here. I've lurked a little around here. Popperfly sent me over here from another forum awhile ago.

I though I'd stop in and say hi!

I fish for lots of different stuff. You can see what I'm doing at my blog. When I get a chance I'll post a couple stories from my trips this summer up here.

I look forward to reading more!

Josh

Blog Entries

Welcome Arkman, hope your stay is as enjoyable as mine has been

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Arkman,

No matter where else you visit, you have come to the best fly anything site out there. We have a great bunch of members and we are strong on sharing what we have experienced and what we know about fly fishing, tying, rod building and anything else related to the sport of fly fishing. We share, laugh and pray with each other and have a good time.

Welcome to FAOl from Tennessee and as a side note, the new guy must bring the coffee and donuts and keep the campfire wood pile stocked......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Welcome aboard Josh. Good to have you here. New guy brings doughnuts and chops the firewood. Looking forward to sharing stories with you. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Welcome to FAOL. As Warren has stated, this is a community with lots of resources and good people.

Bob

Welcome, Arkman!

Josh,
    Welcome aboard! Loved seeing the carp you caught and those musky, WoW! I've caught 28-36 inch musky and pike but never a 50 inch one like that! I have to check out your blog. Looking good.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Nighthawk. unfortunately I didn't catch that musky on the fly, but non the less it was a life changing experience.

I'm working on a new blog post from earlier this fall where I caught my first buffalo on the fly. Talk about a blast!!! Check back in a day or two, and I'll try to post photos up here as well. I'm not sure why more people don't fish for these things (carp and buffalo). They are a hoot!

Ain't nothing wrong with catching them on other gear (let the beatings from the purists and elitists begin).

I agree. Those fish I harder than hell to catch. Fly fishing or standard tackle, they are fun! I'm hoping to go give it a solid try on a fly this weekend. We'll see how that goes. I've boated one (by accident, I was bass fishing) on this lake. It was a little 22" fish. Pretty as heck! I'll keep you all posted.

+ Reply to Thread