+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stream Designs Fly Vest?

Default Stream Designs Fly Vest?

Does anybody know if these are still made? I did a search and saw where a couple had sold recently on ebay. I have one that my wife bought me back in the early 90's. Still in good shape but a bit tight on me now. Wonder how that happened?

Anyway I wouldn't mind getting another one. They were a good all round functional vest.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren, I found that too, but according to the note on their home page, the guy that runs the site has been ill and the site is not in operation and when you click on the "order form" link it says website is down.

Dave
    Last edited by anglerdave; 10-04-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Quote Originally Posted by anglerdave View Post
    Does anybody know if these are still made? I did a search and saw where a couple had sold recently on ebay. I have one that my wife bought me back in the early 90's. Still in good shape but a bit tight on me now. Wonder how that happened?

Anyway I wouldn't mind getting another one. They were a good all round functional vest.
    If you are not going to use it any longer, I would be interested in owning it.
    If interested in selling please let me know.
    Would depend on size of course.

Thanks!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    If you are not going to use it any longer, I would be interested in owning it.
    If interested in selling please let me know.
    Would depend on size of course.

Thanks!
    Bobby, it's a size medium and still fits but is a bit snug to the point that I only can wear as long as I don't need to over a jacket. If I decide to sell it I'll let you know. By the way, mine was made in the USA. I did find out that the company was sold in 1981 and from that point on they were made somewhere over seas. Leon, one of the guides at Frontier Anglers was the inventor of Stream Designs fly fishing vests.

Still in good shape but a bit tight on me now.
    Have you ever thought about taking it to a tailor and having it sized up. Sounds like all that would be needed is to add a little material on the sides. In the Military our weight would fluctuate and our dress uniforms had be tailored up about every other year to fit proper.

You would be surprised what a good tailor can do...

Quote Originally Posted by vmabuck View Post
    Have you ever thought about taking it to a tailor and having it sized up. Sounds like all that would be needed is to add a little material on the sides. In the Military our weight would fluctuate and our dress uniforms had be tailored up about every other year to fit proper.

You would be surprised what a good tailor can do...
    I have thought about that. I can wear it as long as I don't need to wear a jacket under it.

Bobby, it's a size medium and still fits but is a bit snug to the point that I only can wear as long as I don't need to over a jacket. If I decide to sell it I'll let you know. By the way, mine was made in the USA. I did find out that the company was sold in 1981 and from that point on they were made somewhere over seas. Leon, one of the guides at Frontier Anglers was the inventor of Stream Designs fly fishing vests.
    Thanks Dave!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

+ Reply to Thread