+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT The Colt Model 1911 .45 cal ACP Pistol That Helped Save Liberty.

REE,
    You DID say that when I posted my purchase of this gem about 2 years ago.

Mark

If you are looking for more of a workhorse model 1911, give these folks a try....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Mr. Browning had a good idea on what he was trying to accomplish for each of the firearms he designed. The list is too long to include here but the M2 Machine Gun remains in service.

Oh Uncle Jesse the "Ma Deuce" was what I humped when I was with the ground elements. I am and was a large human. Then large, lean, mean, tough and good looking. Now large, fat, mean and ugly. Oh well what the years do to us.

For the lovers of the Ma Deuce M2 Browning Machine Gun you will like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uMRu...eature=related

Ron,
    Unfortunately as an enlisted air crew member I was issued a snub nosed Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver. Now if you happen to find out what flavor of liquor your armorer likes to drink a Model 1911 will magically appear with your weapon number on it. Strange how that happens.

Eric,

In the units I was with, getting your weapon of choice was never a problem, even AK-47's and SKS's. Confuses the other guys when you shoot at them with their weapons. We always had plenty of guns, bullets, grenades, bayonets and such. Matter of fact, we had pretty much anything we needed when it comes to fighting a war.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I started my daughter, Ally, off with Mr. Browning's "other" design when she was five...

I let her start using this when she was about twelve...

Guess which one she wants to wear on her hip when we go out in the desert...???

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Firearms_001.jpg

This says it all !!
    FFF Life Member #22

The 45 ACP is a truly wonderful piece. I currently own a SA 1911 and was lucky enough to be issued one of these instead of the 9mm when the military switched over:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEU(SOC)_pistol

One of these days I'll "pull the trigger" and get my stock 1911 dressed up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    <snip> Now if you happen to find out what flavor of liquor your armorer likes to drink a Model 1911 will magically appear with your weapon number on it. Strange how that happens.
    Nighthawk, one evening after some beverages were consumed, a buddy of mine convinced a supply-type to issue him a hand receipt for a "personal problem, one ea."
    Back then it was not uncommon for one of the ranks to be told, "That sounds like a personal problem, soldier! Did the Army issue you a personal problem?! Do you have a hand receipt for a personal problem?!"
    The eventual result of Chuck's hand receipt was as inevitable as it was amusing.
    (The icing on the cake was that the hand receipt couldn't be confiscated... until he returned the personal problem. A more clever, less stunned victim of this prank would have turned it around, with interest. But Chuck wasn't too dense and played his card at the right time and on the right person.)

Ed

Ron,
    Never lacked firepower in an Air Cav Attack Helicopter unit or the Field Artillery unit I served with! Door gunning in a UH-1H is an experience that one has to live. Same as bringing all that firepower of the Cobra to bear or beating feet to get the heck out of the way of the fast movers you just called in to take out target. My normal office was the front left seat of an OH-58C Kiowa once I became an Aerial Observer.

Used to be amazed watching the guys so their thing on a fire mission with the 105mm howitzers. I liked doing hip shoots myself but as I was the truck driver for the base piece I would like them.

EdD,
    Now that is too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
    I started my daughter, Ally, off with Mr. Browning's "other" design when she was five...

I let her start using this when she was about twelve...

Guess which one she wants to wear on her hip when we go out in the desert...???

PT/TB
    Now that is raising them the right way! My bet is she is a bullseye shooter with either one.

+ Reply to Thread