+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where were you when ...

I was at a job fair for Target. I will never forget seeing the signs on I-81 reading "All Access New York City Closed" and likewise on I-83 for Washington D.C. Being a trained aviator i knew instantly that hitting a 1000+ foot tall building on a severe clear weather day is no accident no matter what type of failure the plane has suffered. The second hit was reinforcement of the facts. Then news of the Pentagon and the heroics in the sky over Shanksville, Pa.

I was never afraid. I was furious, really in a rage! Tears and sadness came later on. Wanted to find the evil souls that did this and exterminate them from the earth.

Today at the depot was a day of vigilance and nerves. They know who we are, how vital we are to the military. The day passed smoothly thanks to the professionalism of my fellow employees.
    We have a slogan that goes something like this:

"Lets us never forget 09/11/01. We vow to provide A-1 logistical support to the warrior who serves our nation"

Here is a message for the evil ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFs8w...QqSg&index=183

God bless all who perished on 09/11/2011, their loved ones and the men and women of our great military, law enforcement and emergency personnel.

Blog Entries

I was on a fishing trip to Lake Chopaka, Washington, up in the Okanogan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopaka_Lake
    No TV, only radio, so we missed the horrors of watching the fall of the twin towers and the aftermath. What I remember most about that week was the absolute quiet from the skies, no airplanes were flying over heading for Sea-Tac or Vancouver, total silence.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I was in my office in the upstair extra room of my house listening to talk radio from Atlanta when the program was interrrupted with news of the first plane crashing into the WTC. I turned on my television and then saw the second plane crash into the other tower.

I was working in loss prevention, part of risk management for Starwood Hotels at the time. AON was our broker, they were headquartered in Tower 2. The VP of risk management, my boss, was schedule for a meeting that day in their offices. Deb Gibbon, our account executive, called and asked if he would mind coming in on the 12th as they had another large account, I think it was Johnson and Johnson, they really needed to met with. Deb was one of the people who did not survive the day. I did not know her well, only met her one time. I remember her as a a very pleasant person with a sweet personality, probably late 30's or so, single mother of two or three children. I keep her card on my desk so I see it often to be reminded. My very first boss lost one of his sons that day also. Murray has since joined his son in eternity.
    Deb Gibbons.jpg
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I was at home, watching TV.

I was on my way home from dropping my kids at school when I heard about the first one on the radio. I'm an airline pilot that did a lot out of Newark, JFK, and LaGuardia, so I thought a major mishap. Got home just in time to see the second one hit on TV. That morning is burned in my brain like it was an hour ago.

I was driving down the road when the news came over the radio and about 2 mins later I was put on standby for possible deployment as needed.
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

I was across the Potomac and about 5 miles up-river of the Pentagon at a DoD facility. My boss came in and said a plane had just hit the North Tower; we thought he was kidding, went to a break room and saw the 2nd plane hit. Didn't hear the one hit the Pentagon, although you could sure hear the sirens afterwards. Stayed through the evening, starting preliminary work trying to locate potential bad guys. Thing I remember the clearest was the absolute lack of traffic on the roads driving home; usually gridlocked well into the evening but there was hardly a soul on the road.

Regards,
    Scott

I was knee deep in Lake Tanneycomo when the first one hit. When I got back to the lodge I took a quick shower and by the time I got out, the second plane hit. We grabbed some breakfast and headed home. I was on active duty the next day. We're going back this weekend. It seems appropriate.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I was at work in Chicago and our building is right at the end of a runway for O'Hare Airport. As you can imagine the noice level being at the end of a runway is pretty high so when they grounded all of the air traffic the silence was defening. Very sad and scared.

Bob

I was mowing at the golf course. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread