+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weight

Default weight

I don't know if I bought the wrong little crimp on sinkers. I fish tandem nymphs and cant keep the sinkers froms sliding down to the tag or any knot on the line. How the heck do you do it? If I don't answer quick its cause i'm on the water but this is driving me nutz!
    I am not real computer savvy here but is there a way to get e-mail notification of replys. I missed alot of them simply because all I do on line daily is check e-mails.
    see you on the water.......

Bite hard.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I found that if you make sure the mono is all the way in the sinker slot and you use a small set of pliers to secure the sinker slip is minimized. Once in a while you might have to get out the piers & clamp the shot again.

Tim

Always put your tinker above the last knot. Also u do not need to false cast that will help too
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

Email notifications.......yes, there is a way but don't ask me how. I get 'em but I couldn't tell you why!
    Go to your settings...I think that is where you set that?
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I don't know if I bought the wrong little crimp on sinkers. I fish tandem nymphs and cant keep the sinkers froms sliding down to the tag or any knot on the line. How the heck do you do it?
    I've used a number of brands, that did that (especially tin shot). Putting the shot, right above the knot helps. I also use flurocarbon, which tends to stick a little more than mono.

Thanks, I've stuck weight of all brands everywhere and unless there is a knot it'll slide. I have to find this e-mail notification. It's starting to be rude that i'm not answering my own posts when you guys answer. I time to search this morning.
    I saw a guy on the river that seemed to be having success sticking his shots in place. I use the kind that you ca squeeze the back and they open up. his wre elongated and didn't open with the ears. I didn't ask where he got them.
    In lakes i'm ok with a tandem using 2 beadheads but the river i gotta get down alot quicker and this is where i'm having my problems. Thanks again, time to hit the water again.

I use the kind that you ca squeeze the back and they open up.
    Those sound like Watergremlins. They do have a tendency to slide on the line. I've had a lot of luck with Blackbird shot. It comes in a tube, with two different sizes. They lock down nice, especially on Flurocarbon lines. The only down side is, if you want to subtract weight. You pretty much have to cut the fly off and slide the weight off.

+ Reply to Thread