+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hackle availability

Hate to tell you guys this, but they already have depleted the capes too and now are moving on to Salt Water Neck Hackle. If you thought capes were safe, think again as wholesale places can't keep them and most kinds they don't even know when that will get any more. Had a guy that sells supplies call me yesterday afternoon and tell me that it's worse than I even though and he's right. He said when he went to bed the night before his on line store had a lot of neck hackle but when he got up yesterday it was all gone and he had a lot. Right now I am just hoping they don't find a great way to put marabou in their hair.

Skip

Haven't you heard the rumor that chicken feathers may carry the Avian Flu virus? If not, maybe you should start it.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hey Uncle Jesse, I heard a similar report but my version was that it was related to some horrible social disease.

Some hair stylest offered me a hundred bucks for my Whiting 100 pack. Would you take it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Haven't you heard the rumor that chicken feathers may carry the Avian Flu virus? If not, maybe you should start it.
    Uncle Jesse, to be fair, Avian Flu is not likely to be an issue for those putting feathers in their hair. On the other hand, even though the feathers were initially cleaned before sale, exposure to the outside world can STILL get them infested with feather mites &/or avian lice. I wonder how long those hackle feathers will stay attached to the heads of fashion-crazy gals once they start getting 8-legged hitchhikers?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    Uncle Jesse, to be fair, Avian Flu is not likely to be an issue for those putting feathers in their hair. On the other hand, even though the feathers were initially cleaned before sale, exposure to the outside world can STILL get them infested with feather mites &/or avian lice. I wonder how long those hackle feathers will stay attached to the heads of fashion-crazy gals once they start getting 8-legged hitchhikers?

Ed
    I think it was a sarcastic comment to get them to stop buying up all the hackle.
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by branhap View Post
    I think it was a sarcastic comment to get them to stop buying up all the hackle.
    Alas, branhap has figured me out and now knows why the guys I used to work with call me a "sweet old boy" but just used the initials. Also I figured if you are challenage mentally enough to spend that kind of money to hang feather in your hair it might just work.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by branhap View Post
    Branhap, thanks for the head's up, but I think I know Uncle Jesse well enough to know what he was up to.
    On the other hand, my reply was only half in jest...

(Currently Uncle Jesse and I are not allowed in the same state at the same time.)

Ed

Talking

I bought hackle from Denny a couple of years ago. We worked through email and he could verify me through FAOL.
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the cape and hackles!

Ya know, people who put feathers in their hair are only showing that they have bird brains.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

+ Reply to Thread