+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone use the FlySource.net Program?

Blog Entries

Default Anyone use the FlySource.net Program?

It looks like a great FREE way to compile fly patterns and photos. Having difficulty with file sharing ( my problem I'm sure ). Hoping to find another member that knows how to use it properly
    Last edited by DaveMac; 07-17-2011 at 02:57 AM.

I used to use it a few years ago...but then it went buy the wayside. I didn't bother loading it up on my last two computers . I had thousands of patterns. I'm not sure I ever backed that all up. Too bad too, as I noticed it seems to be back up again. I liked it when there was some sharing going on. I'll go look at my old back up drives and see if I can find the old files.

The biggest headache with the program was the set up so you can do some sharing. Too bad they didn't get it right, right from the start. I think that killed the interest in it with a lot of people. I just downloaded it again just for fun, but I can't seem to find the set up instructions that used to be available. From what I recall...even with them it took me forever ( several weeks) before I got it working right. It wasn't long after than that they shut the server down.

Now that it's back up...there appears to be no instuctions available to help with the set up, like there used to be. Without them... all I can say is good luck. That's enough to make me take it off my computer. It's too bad. It was a good program and had potential but the support just isn't there.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 07-17-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

This may be a surprise to you, but do you know the average life of a website? Sitting down? Three (3) months. The "experts" claim a site which is not updated after 3 months is dead and the chance of it coming back are slim to none. We've been here going on 15 years and it isn't easy. Just when you think you've got it right the nuts come off the buggy wheels in one way or another, lose a writer? Loss of technical folks, husband/partner picking fights with readers, death in the family, sponsor(s) leaving, economy in the dumper, take your choice. I'm delighted to see new sites and sad to see them start to go and there isn't a thing I can do to help them, heck I've got enough problems of my own. Anyone have a suggestion on possible sponsors who aren't in bankruptcy? Good luck!
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 07-17-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: duh, spelling

Blog Entries

I just reinstalled flysource. my username is hiddeneyeinc. finanly have it working right with my router and windows 7. just started adding my materials and when thats done i'll add my patterns

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion on possible sponsors who aren't in bankruptcy? Good luck!
    Considering what they spent on paper advertising I do not see why Bass Pro Shops are not sponsors. I realize fly fishing is a small part of their overall business but when you add in kayaks, jon boats, etc., we start becoming a economic force to be considered. Same thing with Cabelas, only fly fishing seems to be a large force with them. Pure Fishing out of Spirit Lake, IA owns Fenwick, Berkley & Stern
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

I use it but no one to download from

Blog Entries

My program showed plenty of folks to download from, but I must need to configure things on my end in order to do it. At the very least, I found a great program to keep track of my flies and materials

Blog Entries

I agree but I just wish they had more options and more right click friendly

+ Reply to Thread