+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bowling Green Fly Tying

Default Bowling Green Fly Tying

I will be moving to the Bowling Green area (KY) at the end of the month. I was wondering if anybody from the area knows of any fly tying classes groups in the area. I know a town where I went to college had a group that would get together once or twice a month and tie some flies. Just wondering if there was anything like that around there. I will actually be living about 20 minutes south of Bowling Green in Franklin, So I won't be far from TN either.

Thanks for any info.

jz-

I know Louisville isn't exactly in your backyard from there, but if you decide you're willing to make the drive...

www.derbycityflyfishers.com

Blog Entries

You are only going to be 43 miles from Nashville, TN and there is an active fly fishing club located there, the Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers

http://www.mtff.org/

Check them out!

Larry ---sagefisher---

As Larry pointed out you are close to Nasville and the Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers is a very active club. There is some good fishing within an hour and 1/2 from Nashville. However a nonresident TN liscense with trout stamp is 83 bucks. You do have the Cumberland River below Wolf Creek Dam, KY only charged 50 bucks for a non-resident liscense!! Fly South in Nashville has evening tying classes as a Wed. or Sat. am. visit to Cumberland Transit is well worth it, if the weather is nasty the fly shop may be full or fly tiers and lie......er......tale tellers!! I'm about 70 miles south of both CT & FS and it takes over an hour to get there but they are both fairly close to 65 and should be less than an hour away.

By the way welcome aboard! New guys bring the donuts!!

Thanks for all the information!

What Jack said. + Hendersonville Fly Fishers http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=1595
    Last edited by rons81; 07-11-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

First off, Hi I live about an hour south of Bowling Green. I don't know if they still do it or not, but there is a Gander Mountain in Bowling Green and they had monthly fly tying classess at one time. I never could go because of scheduling conflicts but you could check there. They had alot of fly tying material there too, but the last time I stopped by, they didn't have much at all, so I'm not sure what happened.

hope that helps,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread