+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fly with Stinkum on it? Illegal n C&R?

Several years ago, B.A.S.S. did a study on fish attractants and determined that human saliva was the second most effective attractant. Seems your Granddad was right when he said to spit on your bait. Seems like Granddad is right more and more these days!

Andy

------------------
    all types of fishermen must pull together for the good of all!!!

FYI In Canada WD-40 is considered a deleterious substance and it is illegal to introduce it into a watercourse. It is a hydrocarbon and pollutant.

I know that in small amounts and on flies WD-40 ain't gonna do much bad, but it still is a hazardous material. Equipment operators working in or near water have to have clean equipment, use water-safe lubricants, and have no leaks or spills... I think the recreation sector gets away with too much when it comes to issues like this. I have seen people chumming with WD-40 and boiled corn. I see gas and oil leaving a sheen behind fishing boats. Construction companies would get charged for this.
    Let's keep the hydrocarbons from the water.

JC...

"WD-40,, (to keep it from 'rusting!"...You probably know this already but I'll risk it.

15 years ago when had some auto body work done on a favorite car, the business owner, from "back on the farm, years back.." told me a little secret about WD-40.

His son was mixing it 50/50 with motor oil and rustproofing his inside door panels with it. When I aked about it he told me years back the WD-40 was made to include a goodly amt. of "fish oils...best preservative around!"

He said they used to use a lot of it on farm machinery etc.!

I guess it has merit yet!!

Jeremy.

+ Reply to Thread